Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-08-2023, 09:44 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Sightseer 34A kitchen slide operation?

My kitchen slide will go out no problem unless you let off the button and it'll stop and then restart several minutes later. But you have yo manually bring it back in. Any suggestions?
Tam.ie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 10:15 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi, and welcome.

I've reread your post a few times and I can't figure out exactly what you are saying. Your slide goes out fine. But the "unless you let off the button and then it restarts minutes later" is confusing.

Also, you have to "manually bring it back in" is confusing too.

The reason it's confusing is NORMALLY - you push the Out button to extend the slide and you must hold it continually (not let off) and even hold it 20 sec or so after it stops moving. Then to retract the slide you have hold the IN button continuously until the slide is fully retracted and then hold the button another 20 sec or so after it stops moving.

So, seeing how it NORMALLY works, your description of the issue doesn't follow this operation at all.

Can you please give us more specific details, spelling out what you are doing and how the slide reacts to your actions?
Old 09-08-2023, 10:26 AM   #3
Site Team

Hi again,

I checked the Operator's Manual of your 2006 Sightseer. Chapter 10 deals entirely with your Kwikee DigiSync slide out. I see somethings there that might indicate what's happening.

The Out button works to put the slide out. But the In Button doesn't and you have to use the "manual" retraction method of pushing both the In and Out buttons together to retract the room.

Is that what you are saying?

The one thing I notice there is that if your Slide Out throws an error you will see an error light, and it will flash to indicate an error code. Also it says, if you encounter an error and the error light comes on that you must press the RESET button to clear the error before it will work normally.

Here's a link to the online PDF version of your Operator's Manual.
https://winnebago.com/Files/Files/Wi...6Sightseer.pdf

Can you fill us in on this part of the equation? Did you get an error? Do you have an error code number? Have you RESET the controller?

The more info you provide the better we can help you. Also, be aware that most of us do not own a 2006 Sightseer and our slide outs mostly work differently than yours. So, we have general knowledge... but not specific knowledge of what you are seeing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-09-08 at 11.32.10 AM.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	324.2 KB
ID:	187208  

Tags
slide, sightseer