Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-24-2024, 12:41 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2012 Journey 36M Slide Mechanism

We have a new to us 2012 Journey 36M. We are trying to find information on what type of slide mechanism Winnebago used on our full wall slide. We also need information on error codes displayed on the control panel to trouble shoot problems.
Eugenious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 01:22 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Not much help from me on the error codes but let me introduce you to a tub full of info on the RV!

One of the things I like about the Winnebago line is that they seem to try to help keep them running with info online!
A great place to find what's in the new Rv is the interactive parts catalog here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Drill down to your RV, then "exterior" and finally choose which slide!

Or for more fun, you can wander around finding all kinds of things if it happens to be a good day for resting?

It takes a bit of play to get the controls to work but it is amazing how much detail you can drag out!
Click these snips for better view!
I picked left front but yu may need a different slide?
Click image for larger version

Name:	slide1.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	148.1 KB
ID:	189453

Turning it over and around we get a look at an electric slide using a motor instead of hydraulic rams! Click on the item you see to highlight in yellow and on the list OR the opposite if you know the name but not location!
Clcik it repeatedly on the list and it "flashes" in yellow on the drawing to help spot things! Handy when we find something and need to know WHAT we found?
In this case if you want more info on the slide mechanics, break it down to itemized parts.

Name:	slide 2.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	189454

You should find an electric motor?
Maybe it has just come unplugged??

Best of luck in the search and yell if you need a hint on the controls.
One of the big ones is down in lower left corner. Before zooming, etc. and if you want to keep a spot centered, hit the + sign and then click a part on the drawing. That lets you scroll to zoom or click and drag the mouse to move it around.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 05:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thats a good place for me to start. I will take a look and see were that information will lead take me. Thank You.
Old 07-25-2024, 06:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I suspect you have a Llppert/Power Gear leveling system, so the slide room mechanism might be 12VDC electric
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2024, 07:40 AM   #5
LOG
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2012 Winnebago Journey 34Y. Our full wall side is a powergear electric slide.
Somertimes, for no reason we can determine, the slide throws an error code.
Following the instructuons to clear an error code is time consuming and requires the control panel to be removed to do a reset.
We have found that if one turns off the chassis battery switch and leaves it off for a few minutes, once turned back on it clears the error codes.
The slide will then operate again.
Doing this does not fix what caused the error code, but it will let the slide be operated again.
LOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 06:16 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Probably schwintek.

If it hasn't been replaced it is probably schwintek. You can identify it by the slide rails that look like this http://https://www.rvtravel.com/is-t...now-rvdt-2091/. Scroll down.

Are you syncing the every time. That means when they are in you press and hold in before going out and when out press and hold out before going in?

These are considered problematic. I feel like they can be serviceable but you have to keep the mechanism and the rollers clean and lubricated and sync them every cycle.

Our were damaged and we upgraded to the power gear in wall mechanism which is more robust but still should be lubricated and kept clean. This can be identified because the rack is thinner, has big teeth and stands out from the slide wall by 1/4 inch.

Also both systems have pathetic slide locks and should be locked manually with reverseable clamps placed about one third of the way up from the bottom.
cruizerEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2024, 07:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

If this is still a problem and searching for info, this is a link to the owners manual where it discusses the troubleshooting and error codes, what they mean and how to reset them:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...r-manuals/2012
Section 10 is for the slide operation. The manual also gives the instructions for getting the slide back in if there is a major failure.
Always a good thing to keep in mind!
The book is always a good place to check for solutions when we have trouble!

Name:	power reset.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	160.6 KB
ID:	189484
Old 07-29-2024, 06:13 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I called Winnabago and they sent me the error codes for my power gear slide mechanism. When I get to National Indoor RV I will have them check the out system, may have a weak electric motor.
Old 07-29-2024, 08:07 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Keep in mind that one of the easy things to make a motor weak is corroded or bad connections!
Old 07-29-2024, 03:35 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I will check the water tight connection every thing else looks to bo corosion free and tght.
Old 07-29-2024, 03:39 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I will try this next time before removing the control panel to do a reset.
Old 07-29-2024, 03:56 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Like LOG, We had a 34y for 6 years. We had periodic problems with full wall slide like has been described. After a trip to Winnebago Service, the tech told us, while levelers still down, to start engine & leave it running, making sure chassis batteries showing 14 amps. Because of weight of slide the 2 motors need full power to work correctly. We followed his advice and never had a problem after that.
Old 07-29-2024, 05:40 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenious View Post
I called Winnabago and they sent me the error codes for my power gear slide mechanism. When I get to National Indoor RV I will have them check the out system, may have a weak electric motor.
Rather than a weak motor, I'd suspect low battery voltage at the motors or weak batteries, or as Rich said poor connections. Don't forget the 2nd half of the circuit, ground connections.

Electric motors tend to be either good or bad.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey, slide