Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2024, 12:56 PM   #1
SCB
Winnebago Watcher

2015 Via 25T HWH Leveler Question- HELP!

I recently purchased a 2015 Via 25T that has HWH levelers installed. They are working fine, but I cannot find the main power unit and I really want to check the hydraulic fluid level. I contacted HWH and their tech support will be contacting me, but they have a 2 week or more back-up. I did get the suggestion (on the web) to walk around the coach while the levelers are in operation, and I should be able to hear the power unit. But if anyone can answer my question, I'd be so thankful!

Thanks so much!
Steve
SCB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 01:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

That's a bit more difficult than most as it seems the levelrs were added as aftermarket items when I look at online info.
ther is no mention of levelrs in the owners manual nor wiring or parts catalog, so I assume they were added!
One certain way to find them is to look underneath! The jacks will be easy to spot and there will be lines running to the pump and tank. First thought might be to look near the front driver's side but they may be set up in a "custom" fashion if not OEM equipment! It will be a big unit that is like a one foot cube, so not something that is likely to hide!
Possible it is in a storage compartment if they were added and I don't seem to get any indication they were original!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2024, 07:50 PM   #3
SCB
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply. I know I have the levelers. From what I've learned, they were usually installed after leaving the Winnebago factory. I'm just trying to figure out where the power unit is located so I can check the hydraulic fluid level and maintain the system.
I'm going to walk around the unit while auto level is in progress and see if I can hear the power unit and that could indicate where it is located.
Old 08-05-2024, 08:41 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

If not able to locate it by sound, one certain thing we can depend on is there willbe lines running from each jack to a common location where the pump and reservoir are found. I have never seen these lines run any place other than simply attached to the frame, etc. under the RV. Normally that central location is near the front as there are wires from the control also feeding to the pump.
Wiring for power and control often coming from the front, the pump is most often also near the front!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 05:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

On my 11Via Q the reservoir and power unit is located behind and forward of the steps on the passenger side. Not the easiest placement to service, but not to bad to check the fluid level!
Old 08-11-2024, 07:34 PM   #6
SCB
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the reply and I'll start looking there when I work on it on Tuesday. I did look in the battery compartment, but didn't look that hard.
Old 08-13-2024, 02:48 PM   #7
SCB
Winnebago Watcher

Found it! The leveler power unit is located just forward of the passenger side door. You can see it from the battery compartment if you look closely enough. I'm glad I found it as I will add some fluid before heading out on a trip on Monday. Thanks for the replies!
Old 08-14-2024, 09:52 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCB View Post
Found it! The leveler power unit is located just forward of the passenger side door. You can see it from the battery compartment if you look closely enough. I'm glad I found it as I will add some fluid before heading out on a trip on Monday. Thanks for the replies!
Only top-off the oil tank with HWH fluid or Dextron III, but your HWH owners manual has the final say. DO NOT use hydraulic oil!
Reference the FAQ section: https://hwhcorp.com/
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hwh