Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-07-2024, 05:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2017 Tour 42QD touch screen problems

Hi, I am new to the forum as well as new to RV ownership. I have a 2017 Tour 42QD. The navigation touch screen is sometimes very slow to respond to the touch. I have to touch the screen multiple times and wait for the screen to respond. Has anyone else experienced this problem?. I would appreciate any advise.thanks in advance.
Steverino58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 07:23 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome!
I’m going to assume you have an Xite system. There is a lot to detail about the system. But let’s not assume and have you tell us what infotainment system you actually have in your fine RV.
Old 08-08-2024, 07:17 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, it is a XiteSolutions product
Old 08-08-2024, 09:15 AM   #4
Site Team

There is a long story with the Xite system.

I've have a 2017 Adventurer with the Xite system and have gone through the whole saga.

If you are having slow response it's likely that the previous owner never applied any updates to the system. Those were fixed with a software update about 4-years ago. In the past 6+ years Rand McNally the GPS system in the system went bankrupt, was bought and then sold again. Xite always packaged their updates in with RAND map updates.

The map updates were for "life." But when RAND went BK that was pretty much the end of the life so, free map updates only lasted until Oct 2022. I believe you can still download and apply updates up to that date. To do so required you to download a computer App (not phone/tablet) called Rand DOCK. Then you remove the SD card, which is in the Core Unit in an upper cabinet... likely above the Passenger's front seat. Put the card into a SD Card reader in that computer and then launch the DOCK app to have the system copy files to the SD card. If there are system updates they'd be uploaded then, along with map updates to 10/22.

Xite is still being installed in RVs and now they use a different Core unit and run NavNgo (NNG) GPS software. You can buy a brand new SD card with the NNG GPS for $250 from Riverpark. Riverpark is the company that sells the Xite system to RV Manufacturers. While Xite is the company that makes everything.

For Tech Support you go to Xite Support on the Xite Solutions, Inc website. To purchase anything you go to Riverpark's website.

There are dozens (hundreds) of posts on www.irv2.com concerning the Xite system. Many other RVs have this system and many people have problems and hate the Rand McNally software. There are some threads on IRV2 about replacing the system. Many just use it for the XM Radio and phone bluetooth support but not the RAND GPS.

Personally, I always liked the Rand system and continued to use it until sometime last year. I bought the $250 NNG SD card and now I use that for my GPS. Xite Solutions Support sent me all of the firmware updates in an email and I just had to print them to the SD card. I'd say I could send you the update file but I was one of the first to do this and it caused a problem which took a long time to understand and repair. So, you should get your updates from Xite to avoid any issues.

The NNG GPS works well and while it's not as full featured as the RAND GPS system it works well and they do have new maps at least twice per year. They are not free - $79 per year. You get those from a NNG update site www.naviextras.com.

See, I told you that was a bit of a story about this.

Here's the email for Xite Support: [email protected]

Here's the URL for Riverpark: https://riverparkinc.com/

Here's the link for Naviextras: https://www.naviextras.com/shop/portal
(Remember that's only after you buy the NNG SD card from Riverpark)

Your Xite system is an XSG3NA. you can find User manuals and the RAND DOCK on the Xite Support website:

Here's the User Manual PDF Link:
https://www.xsna.ca/assets/xsg3na_in...al_v161107.pdf

Here's the RAND SD Card 2022 Update Instructions for PC (There is a Mac version but it doesn't work with newer Macs):
https://www.xsna.ca/assets/rand-mcna...2-v2.0-pc2.pdf.

Here's the RAND GPS Operating Manual:

https://www.xsna.ca/assets/randmcnal...a-manual-2.pdf
Old 08-08-2024, 09:25 AM   #5
Site Team

Whew... that's a lot of info to take in.

Personally, I would contact Xite Support via email, explain that you have a new to you 2017 XSG3NA and explain your problem. They are quite good at remote troubleshooting and they could have you tell them your software version and supply you with an update to apply.

You could try downloading the RAND DOCK and going that route, but it's been a couple years since I did that and I don't know if RAND is still supporting all of that.

If you want to use the Xite in your RV for GPS then buy the NNG SD card from Riverpark.

Hopefully, with a firmware update from Xite, a new SD Card from Riverpark and map updates from Naviextras.com you can skip the 6 years of drama the rest of us owners have been through.

Please feel free to ask any me for any information you still need.
Old 08-08-2024, 10:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

I have emailed Xite. Thank you so much for your time and valuable information. You have saved me a considerable amount of time and migraine headaches. I am very impressed with my initial experience with the forum.

Thanks again
Old 08-08-2024, 10:23 AM   #7
Site Team

No problem, glad to help.

This site is an offshoot of the larger general RV forum www.irv2.com. Before this forum branched off, there was a a large Tour thread there called Tour Tips. It's still used by members over there.

Your login details here, work over there, as well. Here's a link to that big Tour thread:

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/win...ps-161008.html

Tags
ems, problems, scr