Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-20-2024, 12:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2024 Winnebago Vista 34R My Experience

I’d like to share my experience with this new model Winnebago in hopes of finding someone that can relate to this experience of purchasing a new vehicle and possible steps they may have taken to get Winnebago to care. The General RV Center does not seem to care about our concern at all due to the no lemon document they force a buyer to sign at the time of purchase.

The following is a list of issues that have a occurred since purchasing the 2024 Winnebago Vista 34R RV at the Hershey RV show in September 2023:
The first 4 issues listed are the most critical that I’m asking for help if anyone has come across anything similar
-Engine failure cylinder 6 misfiring,
-cylinder 6 fuel injector replaced twice (lost two full tanks of fuel as a result of this occurring)
-engine wiring harness faulting, Ford has no record of this issue occurring before therefore an undetermined amount of time will be required to properly investigate the actual cause of the repeating issue as they have repaired what was thought to be the correct course of action twice. The RV is currently in Columbus, OH at Ricart Ford who has requested a master mechanic engineer to travel to their service center to troubleshoot this issue.
-chassis climate Control system only operates on the highest setting
-new thermostat installed due to an overheating issue of the engine where the fan was not turning on properly[/B][/B][/B]
-steps have been broken since the date of purchase (only found that out by inquiring why the steps did not seem reinforced and warranty approved the replacement)
-table top was broke at the time of purchase
-cargo net was broke at time of purchase
-hole in the rear bedroom was present at the time of purchase (all of which were not disclosed by to us by Mark the sales associate)
-front air conditioner fan broke two months after purchase
-upon installing the replacement the whole unit was damaged by General RV which required waiting for a new unit to be ordered and installed
-LCD panel does not always operate correctly where it stops responding at times requiring the power to be reset
-driver’s side slide has been stuck out of synch twice requiring the LCD panel to to be reset at the service center
-cabinet doors on the interior above the kitchen area have all but fallen off and had to be repaired
-jacks were serviced for being out of stroke once already and need to be serviced again for the same issue less than 6 months apart
-window latches would not stay locked and would vibrate open during travel
-entry door latch broke less than a month into owning the vehicle where we could not open the door to enter. I personally, at the direction of Winnebago, had to drill out the door latch to get inside of the vehicle. General RV could not help us with finding a mobile repair tech.

All of that occurred either before or during the first 8 months of owning this vehicle.
COWCFleet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 04:10 PM   #2
CO Sunova Owner

New owner and new model

This sounds like my situation 7 years ago. Simply find the customer service phone number for the Winnebago plant in northern Iowa. Make an appt to drive it there and get it all fixed. They fixed all 63 items for me under warranty. You can either stay at their parking lot hookup area at night, or stay at the hotel a mile away. Our Rv required so much work, we stayed at the hotel. They fixed everything above and beyond my expectations.
navnaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2024, 04:15 PM   #3
Site Team

Really sorry for your experiences. We almost never hear of engine issues with new motorhomes. I'm sure it happens some, but as you learned. This is not Winnebago's concern and the engine is warrantied by Ford, not Winnebago.

There's no way to inform people in advance... but purchasing show coaches has been seen as a problem from other users. I don't know exactly why this is, but this is not the first time we've seen this.

Buying from a quality dealer is also pretty vital. General RV isn't showing lack of care because of the no lemon law document. I believe only one or two states include RVs in their lemon laws and then only for safety issues, not "house" related issues.

Here's the advice I'd give you. Hang tough. Get the Ford chassis things fixed and if need be make an appointment ASAP at the Factory Service Center in Forest City, IA. General RV doesn't have the best service reputation and if they don't care about your coach you can bet the Factory Service Center will.

Very best of luck. Again, I"m sure all of us are sympathetic to your situation and hope you get everything resolved as soon as possible.

Tags
winnebago