Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-03-2024, 01:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Blowing out the water lines 2014 Sightseer 30A

I want to blow out the water lines on my 2014 Sightsee 30A.

The instructions call for attaching the blow-out plug to the fresh water inlet, and a compress hose and applying 3O PSI air to the lines. Does this actually blow out ALL of the water lines? Kitchen/bath sinks, showers?

How does this compare to simply applying compressor set to 30 PSI tp each sink or shower water inlet, which I have done one outdoor plumbing settings at my house.

Is there anything unique about the Winne blowout plug or is there a standard compressor fitting that would work?

Jon
Jleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 06:28 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I can't speak for your model or style but I have winterizing our 21V by using compressed air for three years with no issue. If you have a water filter empty that and leave the element out to dry. At the pump remove the strainer and leave that off. At your hot water heater open the screen and leave it out. Before the freeze sets in leave the faucets open. Remember to add anti-freeze to your drains and toilet, add enough that some gets in to your waste tanks. Anti-freeze is cheap compared to a shop repair.
Sparky19053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2024, 06:40 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

You definitely want to do it through the fresh water inlet, using one of these adapters. I start by opening the kitchen faucet and then turning on the compressor. Once both hot and cold blow just air I open a bathroom faucet and shut off the kitchen. Once the bathroom sink is done I do the toilet and then the shower.When those are done I open the outside shower and then shut off the main shower. Once all faucets are done I open the water heater drain and then a low point drain. When those are clear I leave them open and shut off the compressor.

I like to drain the holding tanks one last time if possible before I pour AF in, but if I don't have time I don't worry about it much. Make sure to remove the filter cup on the water pump too. This is how I do mine, others here have different methods and opinions.
Old 09-05-2024, 07:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Mainly it's just a matter of blowing air from the highest water point (the shower head) to the next and next (don't for get the washing machine if your RV is plumbed for it even if you don't have the washer) with the lowest drain open. I usually do mine 3 times over one day. The left over water will freeze, but the pipes and elbows and whatnot are 90 % dry so the left over water has room to expand and doesn't crack any pipes. Then like others, I add the pink stuff to the grey and black tanks via the toilet and sinks, leaving the faucet valves open. And with the water tank drained, with all the manufacturers using tanks with a tolerance to freezing, that 1" or so of left over water in the tank isn't a worry.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, sightseer