Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-30-2024, 10:53 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Ceiling directional light Meridian 36M

I cannot find this light fixture anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement? This light is directly above the controls cabinet and sure would be nice to have the appropriate amount of light there!
John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2541.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	223.5 KB
ID:	188650  
BombDoc1026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 11:13 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Have you taken it down to check for a manufacturer or part number?

Also try calling Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, IA. If it is available they can get it.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:13 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

None of my business but why are you wanting to replace? If fixture is broken Lichtsinn is the place to go.
https://www.lichtsinn.com/

You should be able to find a part number in one of the owners resources pages.
That would help when talking to Lichtsinn

https://winnebago.com/owners/owner-resources
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Not sure which build of that RV you have as there are two different, early and late, so some guessing involved on the part.
But is that a halogen light?
I think that is what I see, so would just a new bulb be the better way to go? https://www.1000bulbs.com/product/70...oaAlFnEALw_wcB

Just as a word of warning? It is good practice not to touch the glass on halogen bulbs as it can leave fingerprints and lead to early failure!

But is there more to the story and reason to change the fixture?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 12:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Yes, there is a Taiwanese company name and a part number. No luck there. Lichtsinn said it was discontinued. Was wondering if anyone else had that issue and if they found a suitable replacement for the 2.5” hole.
Thanks
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Have you taken it down to check for a manufacturer or part number?

Also try calling Lichtsinn RV in Forest City, IA. If it is available they can get it.

Aaron
Old 03-30-2024, 12:52 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

It is in brittle condition and appears to have had a much too high a wattage installed in the past. Doesn’t like burnt but close to it. The swivel had glass in it until it fell out and broke on the floor.
Thanks
John
Old 03-30-2024, 12:56 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the advice. 2014 Itasca Meridian 36M.
John
Old 03-30-2024, 01:06 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Sounds good time for a change!
Any chance you have an RV parts store near enough to make it practical to drop by?
There may be lots of options but it may take more a bit of looking to compare things like how much space is covered and then there is the question of needing to swivel to get the light to the best spot?
Does it really need to swivel or would a fixture that had a clear dome to let light go out to the side but extend down a bit lower, seem to work?
I'm not a big fan of halogen as they do burn hot and also use more battery than newer LED might, so I look for places to change then out.
One thing in your advantage is that finding one to fit physically will be good and no worry about a new LED using more power, making the electrical part no problem!
Maybe something like this?
https://www.recpro.com/rv-12v-flush-...e-with-switch/

What I'm getting down to is that I like to see this sort of thing in person!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 01:21 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you. I’m thinking something like this. But, like you, I’d like to see it. I will take this one out and take it to an RV place at a later date. We are getting on the road tomorrow and I’m out of time. Flashlight will have to work in the mean time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Sounds good time for a change!
Any chance you have an RV parts store near enough to make it practical to drop by?
There may be lots of options but it may take more a bit of looking to compare things like how much space is covered and then there is the question of needing to swivel to get the light to the best spot?
Does it really need to swivel or would a fixture that had a clear dome to let light go out to the side but extend down a bit lower, seem to work?
I'm not a big fan of halogen as they do burn hot and also use more battery than newer LED might, so I look for places to change then out.
One thing in your advantage is that finding one to fit physically will be good and no worry about a new LED using more power, making the electrical part no problem!
Maybe something like this?
https://www.recpro.com/rv-12v-flush-...e-with-switch/

What I'm getting down to is that I like to see this sort of thing in person!
Old 04-04-2024, 08:36 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombDoc1026 View Post
I cannot find this light fixture anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions on a replacement? This light is directly above the controls cabinet and sure would be nice to have the appropriate amount of light there!
John
That's too bad. I found a marine sight that can give you some ideas for a replacement: https://store.marinebeam.com/integrated-fixtures/
This is my only suggestion unless you can find a RV junk yard that might have that fixture. Try to get a LED fixture with a 4000-4500K temperature and good lumens.
Rick
Old 04-04-2024, 01:41 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I posted from my phone the last time...

A lot of RV lighting can also be replaced with marine lighting units. Winnebago used a lot of lights from ITC. You could also look in the online catalogs from West Marine and other boating supply houses.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 04:29 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

I replaced mine a few years ago (don't remember brand) the halagon bulb was so hot it started to scorch the ceiling.

I used a 12V eyeball lamp, some here https://images.search.yahoo.com/sear...g&action=click
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2024, 07:46 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Here is a link to a led light that I used for mine. Found it after reading about it on iRV2.

https://www.salvinco.com/CometRLED8780

Here is the thread on iRV2
https://www.irv2.com/forums/f101/rep...ed-471958.html
spierce617 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:45 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Thank you all for your replies! Very much appreciated.
John

Tags
ceiling, light