Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-12-2024, 07:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

diagnosing water trickle on 2011 Via 25Q

Hi-

I thought I'd check in here for wisdom before pulling up the bed. I've seen the water pump under there. I'm currently only getting a trickle out of the bathroom faucet and nothing from the kitchen. I'm guessing it's the pump, but figure it could be a clogged filter. Does anyone know the best way to do this? It is making noise but never seems to change much.
reckless37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 08:09 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless37 View Post
Hi-

I thought I'd check in here for wisdom before pulling up the bed. I've seen the water pump under there. I'm currently only getting a trickle out of the bathroom faucet and nothing from the kitchen. I'm guessing it's the pump, but figure it could be a clogged filter. Does anyone know the best way to do this? It is making noise but never seems to change much.
Could be the pump screen. When you are ready to access the pump move the bedroom slide to where the access hole is in a place to make it easier, or I should say "less difficult". Working on that pump doesn't look like fun, if I recall you can only fit one arm in there. Wish they would have made the access doors a little bigger. I had to replace my outside shower valve through that opening, good thing I have long goon arms.

I've been thinking about buying a spare pump for when my day comes, and maybe an accumulator while I'm at it.

The only filter on my 2011 Via is the one under the kitchen sink. I use a Camco filter on the hose when filling the tank to prevent any solids from getting in and finding their way into the pump screen.

If you replace the pump please post back with the details.
Old 08-12-2024, 08:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some details to make sense of what might be going on?
As I understand it, there is low flow at one faucet and none at another. This is when using the pump only or is it when on pressure water as well?

My thought is that using the pump, the water has to flow through the same filter to go to any faucet! If that filter was the problem, would not ALL the faucets have the same flow? What's happening at the shower and stool? ALL the water from the pump has to take the same route through it. That would seem to kill ALL faucet flow if the problem is the pump, filter, etc. !

Not knowing what you may have checked causes me to throw in some ideas.
Is it possible that there are simple things much easier to check which may be more likely? Do you have aerator screens on some or all the faucets which are problems?

Rv tend to have more stoppage at faucets due to several things I see. One is that we tend to use the faucet and then may store the RV for a few weeks. That may let hard water minerals collect at the faucet and set up into hard little rocks that are more problem when they set for weeks than if we use a house faucet dailly!
RV pump pressure is often less than the standard city water pressure, allowing any blockage to stop flow which might be blown on through by higher pressure?

Before struggling to reach the pump, perhaps check each faucet for stopped up aerators?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2024, 10:31 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Hi-

I have to confess I messed up here :(. I had just filled the RV with water. I forgot to switch the valve to "normal". I figured this out by re-reading the manual (I was looking to see if there was priming required.) Next time I have an issue, I think I'll re-read the manual first.

Thanks for the potential help.
reckless37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2024, 06:42 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless37 View Post
Hi-

I have to confess I messed up here :(. I had just filled the RV with water. I forgot to switch the valve to "normal". I figured this out by re-reading the manual (I was looking to see if there was priming required.) Next time I have an issue, I think I'll re-read the manual first.

Thanks for the potential help.
Don't feel bad I did that a couple times, once it happens again you'll now know immediately what the problem is.
Old 08-13-2024, 07:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Always good to get a solution!
It takes a bigger soul to admit we have screwed up than it takes to continue the fraud after discovered!
On the priming, this should be a self priming pump as it doesn't use a blade type impeller and will pass air! Calling these a "pump" can almost be missleading as it is just a little rubber squishy thing that does the work!
I'm somewhat amazed they last as long as they do!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water