Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Today, 09:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Door scraping inside edge on 2011 Via 25Q and axle leak info

Hi-

On a trip and suddenly when we open the main door it scrapes along the side edge until it's 1/3 open (the side with the hinge). I think it was caused by the door getting yanked open by a strong wind. So I suspect the hinges slipped inside (where I can't currently see). It doesn't seem obvious how to get in there.

Has anyone taken the door off or removed enough "stuff" to get to the hinges?

Also, I recently had one of the rear wheels leaking fluid. It was streaking out around the wheel. It turned out to be fluid from the differential. MB does not use a conventional seal but just uses something like RTV to seal it. I had a place that works on Sprinter Vans reseal it. It still leaked for a couple of days afterward, but I think it has stopped now. The metal cap where it leaks from is actually the axle and goes all the way to the differential and has a gear on the end that slides into the diff.

I was told we have what is called a full floating rear axle. It took the mechanic quite a while to get the axle off but didn't even have to jack the wheel up.
reckless37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, leak, scr