Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-15-2024, 08:30 AM   #1
Ekb
Winnebago Watcher

Electrical circuit for tv is dead 2013 Sunstar 30T

My circuit for the tv and one outlet in front of the tv is dead. I checked breakers no luck. My rig is a 2013 Itasca Sunstar 30 T. Any help most appreciated

Thanks EKB
Ekb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2024, 09:08 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings EKB,
Could it be that your Inverter is switched-on at the panel, but it needs to be reset on the Inverter itself?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 09-15-2024, 09:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Some depends on the options on your RV but it sounds like you have option 21W with a TV and outlet on buffet?
If that is the case, we can do some looking at suspect points.
Click this snip to get best view!
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv bad.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	189888
If the point is green are good but the red zone bad, I would look along that path for a bad connection.
The connection under the frig might be a prime suspect?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 03:32 PM   #4
Ekb
Winnebago Watcher

thanks for the information. I think I have bigger problems with no shore power when inverter is off and I am plugged into shore power.
Ekb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2024, 04:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Okay, that put it into a different question but not necessarily a harder one.
firs stop might be to ask if there is any of the 110AC items working or is it all out?
Any lights on the microwave?
Any of the outlets giving power for hair drier or lamp?
It looks like you have a transfer switch to switch power from the cord to the generator. Do you get power if you start the generator?
Looking for a way to sort closer down to where a fault might be. If the generator makes thing work, it might be as simple as the plug, cord, or connections along the path! Maybe the breaker at the power pole has tripped?
This drawing shows how the power comes in from the cord or from the generator to the transfer switch, then on to the main breaker at the load center.
Click this snip to see it better!
Click image for larger version

Name:	transfer.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	162.0 KB
ID:	189893

If you get no power on anything when plugged in and then also no power when connected to the generator, that puts the problem in the RV but if you get power from the generator, it may be the shore power breaker or possibly the transfer switch!
I have also had power fail when people walk by the RV and step on the cord in a way that it pulled out of the outlet! Pays to look there and at that breaker!

But that is where you need to do some checking to see what works or not!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
electrical