Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Today, 05:59 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Exhaust Rod/Clamp broken - 2020 Adventurer 29B

Hi there,

New to the forum. Just purchased a 2020 Adventurer 29B in August 2024. Love it. When we bought the unit, Used, we noticed that the exhaust hangs really low, thought it was just the design however on closer inspection it looks like the exhaust rod hanger is not connected to the exhaust clamp. when i go to winnebago 3D parts guide it looks like the two parts are sold separately. Anyone know how they are supposed to be fixed together? are they supposed to be welded? Was surprised that it comes from Winnebago in two parts. Any help would be appreciated.
CampingCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampingCrazy View Post
Hi there,

New to the forum. Just purchased a 2020 Adventurer 29B in August 2024. Love it. When we bought the unit, Used, we noticed that the exhaust hangs really low, thought it was just the design however on closer inspection it looks like the exhaust rod hanger is not connected to the exhaust clamp. when i go to winnebago 3D parts guide it looks like the two parts are sold separately. Anyone know how they are supposed to be fixed together? are they supposed to be welded? Was surprised that it comes from Winnebago in two parts. Any help would be appreciated.
A photo would help, is it like this? I replaced it about 4 years ago and the tab just slips on under the clamp. At any rate I definitely did not do any welding so if the new hanger comes with that tab attached then it just slips under the clamp and is held in when you tighten it. Be prepared to jack/block up the tailpipe to line the bracket up with the holes in the chassis.

BTW I didn't get it from Winnebago, it's not made by them. I found it online, don't exactly remember how but I believe there is a name and part number stamped on it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tailpipe hanger2copy.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	189976  
Old Today, 06:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

By golly here it is: https://www.amazon.com/Walker-35944-.../dp/B001AX9WGY
Old Today, 06:21 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

thanks for the quick response.

this is what im looking at
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20240927_181711.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	359.3 KB
ID:	189977   Click image for larger version

Name:	20240927_181720.jpg
Size:	341.1 KB
ID:	189978  

Name:	Screenshot_20240927_181811_Chrome.jpg
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	189979  
Old Today, 06:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Well that looks like a welded one. You may have to have it re-welded into place. Are there signs of a broken weld? Another option to eliminate welding is this style https://www.amazon.com/scottchen-PRO...KLHHE0VV4&th=1 if you can find one in 3.5".
Old Today, 07:05 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Bigb...I have emailed the dealer to see if there is a chance they will cover the repair. fingers crossed...If not i may look at something like the one you posted if i can get it in 3.5".
Old Today, 07:12 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

There are 3.5" ones available https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/.../#post-1616834

The reason for the 2 piece welded design is for professionals, they want to be able to weld it at various angles and lengths so coming pre welded wouldn't be helpful for their uses. If you can get yours welded back together that would be the best solution, wouldn't take an exhaust shop more than a few minutes although they'd have to do it on their back (unless they have a lift big enough for an RV) which isn't a lot of fun with welding slag and sparks flying around. You could also remove it and take it to a weldor, although that may not result in an optimal fit.
Old Today, 07:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

awesome! thanks Bigb...ill see what i can figure out. I think you have nailed it for my options

Tags
adventurer, exhaust