Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-20-2024, 09:52 AM   #1
Florida Jack

Fog Lamp Replacement 2017 VIA 25T (Sprinter)

I own a 2017 VIA Class A on a 2016 Mercedes 3500 Sprinter Chassis.

The drivers side fog light is out. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the light to replace. There are 2 phillips screws on the sides of the bezel but how to access them seems not very easy due to the fact the whole fog light assembly is blocked by the bumper frame.

Looks like access from the bottom would also be a bear and a half.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

FloridaJack
FloridaJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 01:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaJack View Post
I own a 2017 VIA Class A on a 2016 Mercedes 3500 Sprinter Chassis.

The drivers side fog light is out. I can't seem to figure out how to remove the light to replace. There are 2 phillips screws on the sides of the bezel but how to access them seems not very easy due to the fact the whole fog light assembly is blocked by the bumper frame.

Looks like access from the bottom would also be a bear and a half.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!

FloridaJack
Florida Jack,

If your 2017 Via is like my 2011 Via and you are referring to the 2 screws on the sides of the fog lamp (the 2 rusty ones in my pic), you have to remove them with a small wrench, then it will pull out from the front. (There are no nuts, the fog light itself has threaded holes for the two screws) If you want to remove it completely from the vehicle you will also need to unplug the wire connector.

Don't mess with the 2 screws on the back of the bracket because the fixture won't fit thru the hole in the front cap without removing those 2 (rusty) screws.

BTW that front nose is not too hard to remove, 3 fasteners in each wheel well and 2 brackets with 2 bolts each under the bumper, 2 screws above the grill and the fog light connectors.

Use 2 plastic milk crates to support it as you pull it away and to re-install. (If you ever need to replace a headlight assembly that cap has to come off)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Via fog light.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	239.0 KB
ID:	188799  
Old 04-20-2024, 01:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Just like this And welcome to the forum, it's always nice to have another Via owner here, I think we are in the minority!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	vianose.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	241.1 KB
ID:	188800  
Old 04-21-2024, 09:33 AM   #4
Florida Jack

Brian:

Thanks for the reply.
Since my VIA is a 2017, the FL brackets are way different behind and more complicated.
However, I catch your drift.
I guess my biggest question, besides how to get at, is if I can take the lense off can the bulb be replaced???
Thanks for your help!
Jack
Old 04-21-2024, 09:37 AM   #5
Florida Jack

BTW, if anyone else is looking at my post and needs help with their VIA, I’d be glad to give it a try.
I’ve been into most of the systems on the rig. Not an expert, but knowledgeable, I guess except this one!
Jack
Old 04-21-2024, 12:46 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Brian:

Thanks for the reply.
Since my VIA is a 2017, the FL brackets are way different behind and more complicated.
However, I catch your drift.
I guess my biggest question, besides how to get at, is if I can take the lense off can the bulb be replaced???
Thanks for your help!
Jack
Good question, I believe the fog lights are the original ones from the Sprinter chassis so maybe the guys over at Sprintersource.com could answer that.
Old 04-21-2024, 12:51 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
BTW, if anyone else is looking at my post and needs help with their VIA, I’d be glad to give it a try.
I’ve been into most of the systems on the rig. Not an expert, but knowledgeable, I guess except this one!
Jack
Do you have the Dometic RML 8555 fridge and if so how does it work for you? Did you do any mods to it to improve cooling?

Also how does your generator work in hot weather, assuming it's the QD3200?

Do you monitor your engine with Scangauge or any apps?

BTW I have the Mercedes Workshop program for NCV3 Sprinter up to 2020 model year.
Old 04-21-2024, 03:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Fog lamps

I believe there are several demos on YouTube.
Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2024, 06:30 AM   #9
Florida Jack

Brian:
Sorry for the late reply. I have the Norcold fridge: AC/DC/propane 3 way so I can't help you on that. But see the attached pics on additional fan for refridge vent. Really helps. Blue color, especially at night, is quite a conversation piece.
I do have the QD3200 but haven't used it much. Only 53 hours on it and 95% of that just routine running.
No scanguage or apps for engine mgmt.
Thanks!
Jack
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	RV fan exterior.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	188868   Click image for larger version

Name:	RV refr fan.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	188869  

Old 05-04-2024, 01:44 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Brian:
Sorry for the late reply. I have the Norcold fridge: AC/DC/propane 3 way so I can't help you on that. But see the attached pics on additional fan for refridge vent. Really helps. Blue color, especially at night, is quite a conversation piece.
I do have the QD3200 but haven't used it much. Only 53 hours on it and 95% of that just routine running.
No scanguage or apps for engine mgmt.
Thanks!
Jack
I have 2 of those fans in my top vent. I snipped all the blue lights except for one, it was so bright it was attracting bugs at night. I did get my fridge to perform well but it took a lot of work and some mods.

We use the generator all the time for the coach air when driving in hot weather on grades, helps take load off the engine especially when towing the Jeep. I had a problem with it shutting down on over temp when it was 110F or more outside but have since added a cooling fan and next I am going with some synthetic oil made by Hot Shots just for diesel generators. The way they crammed it in there didn't help much as it is air cooled and it picks up air from the bottom about a foot from the pavement which can be 140F here in the summer.
Old 05-04-2024, 02:20 PM   #11
Florida Jack

On our last trip here in FL, I noticed that my fridge was only cooling down to 41 to 46 degrees.
Couldn’t figure out why when it normally could cool to 36 .
Just happened to glance at the door and saw a pretty big gap between the frame and the door gasket. Gave it a good nudge and it closed completely. Now I need to check the door and figure out how to make it close completely.
Thanks for your info on the generator.
Jack

Tags
replacement, replace, ace