Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-09-2022, 07:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

I thought I know, multiplle water pump switches

2017 Vista 35 lx, its has 4 switches for water pump,1 on mail control panel,1 in half bath,1 in full bath and 1 at wet bay out side. I always thought if just 1at any location is in the one position you had water pressure through out the RV. Am I wrong? Never had an RV with a half bath.its no big deal, its like having 2 lite switches for the same lite on the wall, even though its in the one position it might turn off lite because of them other with position, if that doesn't confuse you alittle. Dumb question I know
Quickuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 09:43 AM   #2
Site Team

If one switch is on then the pump is energized. All the switches will show the green ON light. When you turn it off at any one switch it is off at all switches. Just look at the green "on/off" light to confirm.

It's not like a light switch with multiple switches exactly because the other light switches don't change to show the light is energized. Whereas, your water pump does.
Old 03-09-2022, 11:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Sorry thats not the case here, the full bath has no lite. Its like I said its not a big deal just thought perhaps the Vista was different in some way. Thanks
Old 03-09-2022, 02:18 PM   #4
Site Team

So each of the switches has a green light except the master bath?

Hummm, that seems odd.

By the way, you have the Vista LX (it's not the 35LX it's the Vista LX and there are two different models for the 35 - There is the 35B and the 35F. They are fairly similar. The 35F has the L-shaped sofa in the middle of the coach and the 35B has a fold out sofa directly behind the driver's seat.

The Vista LX is a higher level coach than the plain Vista models. In fact, in 2018 the Adventurer was discontinued and the Vista LX was renamed Adventurer the next year in 2019.

Here's a link to the 2017 Vista LX brochure - you can see the various floor plans and let us know if you have the Vista LX 35B or the Vista LX 35F - since there is no such RV as the Vista 35LX

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/Imag...-digital.x.pdf
Old 03-09-2022, 07:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Think what you want ,I know what we own. Its a 35 lx, and the L shape couch isnt behind the drivers seat, the dinette is behind the drivers seat then then L shaped couch Thanks for trying to help, but unless you own what I own please step aside. Please
Old 03-09-2022, 09:55 PM   #6
Site Team

This is your floor plan for the Vista LX 35F.

I’ll not bother you with info about your coach any further.

Good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9D251CC1-AC15-4BA7-B6A1-9875ED4DD158.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	182228  
Old 03-10-2022, 08:46 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickuc View Post
Think what you want ,I know what we own. Its a 35 lx, and the L shape couch isnt behind the drivers seat, the dinette is behind the drivers seat then then L shaped couch Thanks for trying to help, but unless you own what I own please step aside. Please
The light in the switch may have failed. Thy swapping the one in question with another that has the light. See if the problem moves. If it does, the switch is bad or is not equipped to light.
In any case, replace the switch with one that has the light. I think it is best to know when the pump is on or not. It is too easy to end up with a empty water tank when you most need it as things stand now.
Old 03-10-2022, 10:27 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Thumbs down

Quote:
With that ,I won't help either
deckape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 05:14 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckape View Post
With that ,I won't help either
I'm with you. This guy seems to be driving all of us away. I think I made a mistake when I answered his post. Might be time to avoid him and folks like him with bad attitudes. I am among the many who appreciate the efforts of the forum members willing to try to help me with a problem I'm having, even if they don't own an identical rig or even miss the boat all together. The spirit is pure from these fine folks. Thanks for past and future help.
Happy trails,
Rick Y
Old 03-13-2022, 04:29 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Both main and half bath lights failed in the switches on my Adventurer 35F after I did a battery equilize. They were incandescent. Replaced with LEDs
eaglelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 05:20 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglelen View Post
Both main and half bath lights failed in the switches on my Adventurer 35F after I did a battery equilize. They were incandescent. Replaced with LEDs
Just and FYI, it's different lights - we talking about the little green LEDs in the water pump switches in the coach to let you know the water pump is on.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:23 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I meant the pump switch lights, not the overhead lights.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:27 PM   #13
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglelen View Post
I meant the pump switch lights, not the overhead lights.
Really... they were incandescent? In that little space? I'd have never guessed it.
Sorry, on reread of your post I do see you said "in your switches" I just never imagined there could be small incandescents in those switches.
Old 03-13-2022, 05:40 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Really... they were incandescent? In that little space? I'd have never guessed it.
Sorry, on reread of your post I do see you said "in your switches" I just never imagined there could be small incandescents in those switches.
maybe Neon
Old 03-13-2022, 08:47 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

They were like a grain of wheat bulb with pigtails and a glass bulb, similar in size to a standard LED. Leads were bent in a kind of u shape to contact spring like contacts. Burned out the bulbs when I left the pump on when doing a battery equalize. I guess the bulbs didn't like the excess voltage.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:54 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Well I bet people will be real eager to help you on the many future questions You will have.

2016 Winnebago Adventurer 37F
scottybee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 05:32 AM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Eaglelen - I've got the same problem. Boy those switches have a lot of wires in the back!

Can you give us a source or part number for the switches with the LED bulb?

Thanks
Old 03-14-2022, 06:57 AM   #18
Winnebago Camper

12v 5mm Round Top Clear Lens LED. Cool Clear White LED. Ultra Bright (5v-15v)
SKU: 12V5MMROUNDTOPLEDWHITE

Lighthouseleds.com
509-220-7537
Lighthouse LEDs
PO BOX 307
Medical Lake, Washington 99022,
United States
Old 03-14-2022, 10:13 AM   #19
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottybee View Post
Well I bet people will be real eager to help you on the many future questions You will have.
Burnt twice. Not again.
Old 03-14-2022, 05:09 PM   #20
Winnebago Camper

I could not find LED switches. Disassembled and replaced the "bulb" with the LED sourced above.

Tags
water, water pump, switch