Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-03-2024, 12:36 PM   #1
KC
Winnebago Camper

Inadequate 12 volt fans in Vista 29 NPF

Has anyone changed out the 12 volt fans, we. have 3 and they don't seem to move much air?

KC
Old 08-03-2024, 02:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have not, but I am very interested in what you are thinking about replacing with?

We rarely use or need so what you are trying to accomplish (overcome) may be helpful.

For instance I would say biggest uses for them in order of priority.

1. To remove moisture when we shower ( the one in the bath is turned on)
2. If we cook and wish to help get the smell outside ( the one in the kitchen & bath is turned on.)
3. Boondocking with no AC, with at least one window open/cracked we may turn on all 3 fans especially if it is warm outside

They draw very little power and we like them.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3/Tire Patrol; Roadmaster Nighthawk; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; 300ah Lithium; Orion XS; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 08:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Check out FantasticFan, they are owned by Dometic, which is owned by Lippert. I have 2 of them, when ventilation is needed I open the main door and turn on the fan further-est from the door. The draft it creates can be felt all the way back to under the fan.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 06:31 PM   #4
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

Fantastic fan

If it's in an area you might worry about rain getting in get the one with a rain detector so you can sleep at night with it open. Some have forward and reverse or just blow out. Well worth the money
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 07:17 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

x3 for Fantastic Fan. Be sure they put hoods over them for inclement weather.
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2024, 07:21 AM   #6
CZBB RV6A 2008 29R Sight

The only problem with hoods are they limit how far the fan cover will open. I have a hood on the bathroom so it can be left open and wish the main fan was a water detecting with no hood.
Old 08-08-2024, 03:56 PM   #7
WinnieAdven38

Sounds like you have a model built with the small, cheap, noisy 6" fans - which do almost nothing except create lot of noise. You are correct - they move very little air. I wonder why manufacturers ever bothered to use these (except to save $$) as they are (to me) totally useless.

However - for some reason many of these are installed in a 14" x 14" enclosure which is the same size as the full size fans (Fantastic Fan, MaxxAir fan, Hengs) so you should be easily able to upgrade. Check out Amazon for multiple options.

Our Motor Home came with 2 full size 14" fans, to which we added a 3rd MaxxAir over the bed to help with night time cooling. They are MUCH quieter while moving a lot more air.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 08:19 AM   #8
KC
Winnebago Camper

It's not the really cheap fans they put in bathrooms. But It is not as good as a two way, variable speed fan. It is either off or on, it has a sliding level to close off the vent and it has a fixed cover

KC
Old 08-10-2024, 12:57 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I use the MaxxAir fans, I used to be a Fantastic Vent fan... however when they got bought out their quality went downhill and repair parts for the older fans disappeared.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2024, 06:45 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I use the MaxxAir fans, I used to be a Fantastic Vent fan... however when they got bought out their quality went downhill and repair parts for the older fans disappeared.

Aaron
Dometic still honors the old Fantastic Fan lid lifetime warranty. If yours is damaged, cracked, etc, just call Dometic customer service and explain your lid issue. The woman I spoke with "Fanny" was excellent she shipped me 2 NOS lids at no charge by FedEx.
You must have your fan model# when calling, it's found on the motor ID sticker.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan, 12 volt