Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-21-2024, 04:26 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Induction Cooktop Swap on 2011 Tour 42Q

We just recently purchased a 2011 Tour 42QD and would like to replace the lp gas cooktop with an induction cooktop. The problem is the size of the opening for the factory gas cooktop is larger than the induction cooktops advertised on most sites. Has anyone found an induction cooktop that will fill the opening for the gas cooktop? If so, would you share the make and model information?
Doug Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:14 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

This not an apples to apples comparison, but might work for you. When we bought our 2016 Journey one of the first things I did was replace the standard four burner propane cooktop with a two burner Nuwave. Can't post pictures cause it is in storage. So, I'll try to walk you through the process.

I left the lpg cooktop pan in place removing the burners and knobs. I sat the Nuwave directly down in the pan giving me a solid and secure base at the correct height. Can't remember how I secured the Nuwave to the pan. Did something with feet on the Nuwave. The holes in the bottom of the pan give enough air flow for the cooling fan. Mine is not the two burner model currently on Amazon but close enough measurements. I cut and fitted a piece of wood in front to cover up where the knobs were cutting to the correct height. In back I bought a fit some sheet metal to take up space. To fill the gaps you can silicone the edges.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote