Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2024, 01:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Issue with leveling system 2003 Sightseer

I have a 2003 31' Winnebago Sightseer. My leveling system seemed to be working fine. When I attempted to retract the front jacks they retracted part way and the control lights turned yellow and they would not finish retracting. I can no longer hear the pump running. The system will not operate at all now and all four jack lights are yellow and the jacks-down light is red. Any suggestion's. Thank you
Vino108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2024, 11:50 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Vino108,
This older Thread seems to have some things for you to try.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...act-98193.html
I also wonder if the Dexron III hydraulic fluid is low (see Owner's Manual, page 2-15)
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 08-26-2024, 07:31 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are several different brands and models of jacks, so I start the search with finding which exact item I have and then look for a manual that tells me the correct info. Things like how to get them retracted in an emergancy situation?
Different types have different methods but there are often valves to open.

There are almost always troubleshooting sections to go through in a way that doesn't make you skip over the important issues.
Since we will have no way to know what you have, finding a book to tell you where to find that info may be a good place to start.
Otherwise one can spend weeks on guessing, only to find the info we have is for a different setup!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2024, 04:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

I found the issue with the help of S&S Rv in Fort Edward. The solenoid overheated. Once it cooled down the jacks worked. Thank you
Vino108 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, sightseer