Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-12-2024, 07:07 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Kwikee Leveling System 2003 Sightseer

My Kwikee Leveling system will not respond because it is saying that the parking brake is not engaged. I need to locate the switch to confirm if it is working or not. Is this something under the dash or is it located on the chassis? Any and all help will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!

Sorry, but I am unable to navigate the community and find the answer.
jtcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 08:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Is this an RV that you know well or a new to you?
I normally expect to have some light on the dash to tell me I've left the brake on before driving away. Some RV simply tie the jack alarm into the existing wiring for a switch on the park brake pedal.
Do you get the normal alarm as expected when starting the engine?
If not, there may be a problem with the switch on the pedal and mechanism? Possible the wires come off or maybe the switch came loose?
If you look at the pedal, there should be some wires but the alarm setup is all I expect to see down there, so maybe a good look for that?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2024, 02:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I know the RV somewhat. 2003 Workhorse chassis with hydraulic parking brakes. The leveling system says that there is a jack down with all jacks confirmed up. So, to get around the constant buzzing of the alarm, I will unplug the control board and plug it back up when we arrive to the camp site. This past weekend when I plugged the control board in the light for the parking brake on the control board was not illuminated and you could not power the system on. I have been unable to locate the parking switch under the dash. there should be two wires feeding the control board. one from the Auto Park and one from the yellow manual parking switch. There is no Emergency brake pedal on this chassis. Clear as mud right?
Old 09-13-2024, 03:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Good info as it was not what I was first thinking! Makes sense more than my first thoughts!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2024, 10:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Found the problem after about two hours of troubleshooting. One thing I forgot about was when I attempted to plug the control board into the motherboard I unplugged the flat grey cable from the motherboard. I thought it was plugged back in correctly which it was not. I was one or two pins off thus causing the problem. All is well now!

Tags
kwikee, leveling, sightseer