Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-11-2023, 07:13 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Low Air Pressure Warning 2005 Journey 39K

The Camp Freightliner manual says my coach's pressure switch will give the driver a warning whenever air pressure in the system
falls below 70 psi, either with a buzzer or warning light, or both.

Mine only has a warning light on the dash. Is this typical or is my buzzer not working?

2005 Winnebago Journey, 39K, Cat C7
KenC-TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 02:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

The regulation says either visual or both. reference: https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.121
This might be helpful too: https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/carrier-sa...y-technologies

If yours has an audible warning, the speaker should be on the driver end of the dash cover or close-by.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:17 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I think the speaker at the left end of the dash cover is for the backup camera, at least that is how my Journey is set up.
There should be a Piazo buzzer somewhere under the dash cover. If you find it they are readily available and easy to replace.
Old 12-12-2023, 12:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I think this is where mine is located, YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-12-12 142118.png
Views:	39
Size:	1.29 MB
ID:	188059  
Old 12-19-2023, 08:36 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I fixed a lot of semi trucks, with inop, low air warnings. They were closer to 60 PSI, when the buzzer and warning light came on. Your braking will be much less than normal. Soon after that, your spring parking brakes will apply, when the yellow button pops out. Watching your gages several times a minute, is better than waiting for an idiot light or buzzer to alert you, that your air brakes are malfunctioning.
Rixthe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 08:21 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Correct, audible and visual alarms at our around 60 psi, and between 30 and 40 psi the parking break button will pop out on it's own. Anyone with an air brake system should be testing these alarms frequently. I think the professional drivers are supposed to do this every day be for heading out.
Old 12-21-2023, 12:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

I agree with Tim. this website explains in detail how to perform an air brake test and the requirements for pass/fail.https://www.myrv.us/Pgs/RV/Air_brake.htm

This test must be performed before each days drive for truckers, but for MH. it should be performed at least monthly during use or when any abnormality is noticed, and before leaving long term storage.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
journey