Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-07-2022, 08:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Replacing bathroom faucet

Will a faucet from Home Depot work as a replacement for the bathroom sink or does it require a special RV faucet?
dennysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 10:10 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Bathroom faucet

Years ago I replaced my bathroom faucet on a Lazy Daze. Purchased it from Home Depot. The size of the faucets are standard. I wasn’t able to use the sink drain assembly as the original sink just had a stopper. Take the old one with you. Good luck. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 01:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I replaced mine last year with standard big box faucet. Should be no problem
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 05:01 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I replaced all three of mine with suitable single handed residential faucets from Lowes....The bathroom was a very tight squeeze ....I can fill a wash bucket now from the rear outside kitchen....so much better to live with
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2022, 07:56 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Standard will often fit but one thing to watch is how the drain works. Many vanities are too close to the wall for the drain popup lever to clear the wall under the sink, so look for oone which doesn't have the popup if you have a stopper or figure how much clearance you have.
Several Home Depot say they have to have "X" amount of clearance but I just leave the popup off and keep the same drain.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2022, 09:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the input. We bought a faucet from Lowes and had no problems installing it. It came with a new drain but didn't use it. Next we plan to install a new kitchen faucet.
dennysbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 11:08 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Yep, I’m late for the party, but I also replaced the old chipped gold plated two handle faucet with a nice single handle from lowes, chrome of course.

Love it
Chaffeekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2022, 05:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennysbabe View Post
Will a faucet from Home Depot work as a replacement for the bathroom sink or does it require a special RV faucet?
If it is a standard 4" hole center, no. This is the faucet I installed several years age:
DELTA FAUCET B501LF, 4.25 x 6.13 x 4.25 inches, Chrome

I got it from Amazon.
Many lavatory faucets have a low profile. This puts the spout close to the bowel. My faucet has a high profile. This allows for easier hand washing.
Old 02-14-2022, 09:08 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I replaced mine with a big box home unit. Because the sink is small, I made a point of picking a replacement with a higher snout, to make a little more room for my hands underneath the water. I also kept to a two handle replacement, making it easy yo just screw on the existing water lines to each side. I also reused the nuts from the old valves, that secure the valve to the sink, which were thinner that the new valve supplied. The new ones didn't let me fully tighten the old water lines onto the new valves.
I'm not sure just how I'd have installed a single handle replacement, but I suspect it would have required more work and skill.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 09:21 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

Since RVs can be a little tight to work in I wanted to share this, I have been doing my own plumbing on my houses and rentals for decades and the hardest part of changing a faucet is reaching up to loosen/tighten the supply lines and the retaining nuts on the faucet. A basin wrench can help but usually you have to feel your way with channel locks and often it's a real stretch to be able to reach up there especially in a cramped cabinet (and as we get older). Last week I was at HD and I saw this tool for $20 made by Rigid. I debated whether or not to buy it since I tend to be old school and halfway though it would be a useless piece of junk. I finally decided to give it a try and WOW what a great idea! It fits every retaining nut size and and style and every size of supply line, what's more you don't even have to crawl into the cabinet and look, you can just reach up there and the tool will settle itself onto the fastener in the proper cutout as you rotate it, plus the length of the tool gives you added reach. You can also judge how tight you are making something which is tough to do with channel locks or pliers that keep slipping and falling off the nut. I was able to change out a kitchen faucet in a fraction of the time it normally would take me and no cussing, and the old fasteners came off so easy and the new ones tightened up very easily! I wish they would have invented it years ago! Disclaimer: I am in no way associated with the manufacturer, just sharing something that will make your RV plumbing a whole lot easier.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rigid faucet tool.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	182018  
Old 02-14-2022, 10:37 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Wow, Brian, that looks like a great tool. I need to get one of those. Here's a link that has a video:

https://lifeonroute.com/why-your-rv-...s-to-be-level/
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 01:39 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Wow, Brian, that looks like a great tool. I need to get one of those. Here's a link that has a video:

https://lifeonroute.com/why-your-rv-...s-to-be-level/
You won't regret it. (The link is to a refrigerator article)
Old 02-17-2022, 02:27 PM   #13
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
You won't regret it. (The link is to a refrigerator article)
https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-E...6988/303528759
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote