Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-22-2024, 12:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

sleep number mattress and controller

We have a 2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD. it has a queen size sleep number mattress and the controller is mounted in the bottom of the night stand. the controller quit working, (actually the numbers on the remotes never did show, but did light up) now the remotes won't even click on the relay in the control box. I pulled the box our and it looks like it is pop riveted together so I am confused why they would rivet instead of screws. they must have had to install it after the nightstand was installed because the remote wires run threw a small bored hole too small for the remote to pass through. unless the cover and base just pry off? I didn't try to break anything yet, but it doesn't work so maybe.
thanks in advance if anybody has played with this set up. by the way, it has power to the receptacle.
Kim Petersen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

My 07 Itasca has the night stand for the Sleep Number mattress, however when we purchased the coach used the set up was gone. With that said we have a sleep number in our home. I can not really answer your question as it seems your controller is hard wired to the pump unit. The newer models the controller is remote. Great mattress set up have been happy for years.

I would call Sleep Number Customer service and see what they say or
https://www.sleepnumber.com/pages/contact-us

Do a Google search to find out about the system

Good Luck "great mattress'
be happy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 01:55 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

thanks Happy
I got it working but still no number display on the remote. one of the remotes had popped open in transit I guess. snapped it back and now it works OK.Ill give the number a call, maybe get some direction from pros.
Old 01-22-2024, 11:11 PM   #4
Site Team

Are you sure it’s a Sleep Number branded air bladder mattress? For many years Winnebago installed Ideal Rest brand air mattresses in their motorhomes. It’s possible that older RVs did use Sleep Number brand product, but certainly the past decade or more it was a knockoff product from InnoMax in Colorado. Certainly owners called these “sleep number” even though they were not.

Here’s an old post from here but there are many others all over the web.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ma-357070.html

As to the wired controllers, the cable between the hand held controllers and the system was a standard Ethernet cable on my Ideal Rest. This would explain how the got the wire into the cabinet with a hole smaller than the controller itself.

Here’s a link to InnoMax for Ideal Rest parts:

https://innomax.com/product-category...acement-parts/

Mind you, I’m not saying that yours is definitely an Ideal Rest, it may be a Sleep Number or other brand but I wanted to provide some information just in case.
Old 01-23-2024, 06:10 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I agree with Creativepart- it would definitly be worthwhile to talk to Innomax. Our 2016 Winnebago has one of thier systems.

We recently had a failure of our 7 year old inlfator system on our air mattress. We live on the east coast but at the time of the failure we were in Colorado Springs (thankfully). We hopped in the car , took the inlaftor up to Denver to the Innomax factiory showroom thinking I needed to buy a new inflator.

Intead of buying a new inflator they offered to rebuild ours for about half the price -- while we waited!! We were very happy about that and took the newly rebuilt inflator back to the RV park and plugged it in. Excellant service from them. The whole process took less than 30 minutes. They are great folks to work with.
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 07:05 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

the label on the pump control box reads Sleep Comfort Corp
model PFC 803 DT
Old 01-23-2024, 09:06 AM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Petersen View Post
the label on the pump control box reads Sleep Comfort Corp model PFC 803 DT
I don’t know who “Sleep Comfort” is but I did see a post that asked, “Why did Winnebago change from Sleep Comfort to Ideal Rest.” And they said it was Sleep Comfort by Sleep Number. Searching for Select Comfort doesn’t yield much info.

As I’ve mentioned many times, we ditched the Ideal Rest for a foam mattress 6-years ago.

Here’s what I found in the 2004 Horizon Brochure:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0311.jpeg
Views:	37
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	188251  
Old 01-29-2024, 05:56 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Sleep Number mattress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Petersen View Post
We have a 2004 Itasca Horizon 36GD. it has a queen size sleep number mattress and the controller is mounted in the bottom of the night stand. the controller quit working, (actually the numbers on the remotes never did show, but did light up) now the remotes won't even click on the relay in the control box. I pulled the box our and it looks like it is pop riveted together so I am confused why they would rivet instead of screws. they must have had to install it after the nightstand was installed because the remote wires run threw a small bored hole too small for the remote to pass through. unless the cover and base just pry off? I didn't try to break anything yet, but it doesn't work so maybe.
thanks in advance if anybody has played with this set up. by the way, it has power to the receptacle.
We have these mattresses in our MH and at home. If the remote doesn't work get their APP. I can use our remote or our iPhone.
ElmondTX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2024, 07:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Our 2011 Adventurer has the king Ideal Rest bed with 2 wired remotes. Other than needing to reset it a couple times it has worked well so far. We like it so much that we purchased a new sleep number for the house which has the responsive air system and uses the app on my iPhone. I’d like to upgrade the pump system in the RV but the cost is unreasonable. I was about to click on a system sold on Amazon which has good reviews until I did a search on marketplace and scored a sleep number pump with wireless remote for $50. Have yet to make the switch but I know that days coming.

https://a.co/d/cdww2oL