Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-10-2023, 05:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide Out not retracting/Trombetta replacement

Hello everyone, we own a 2008 Tour pusher, cummins 450 and allison. Looking for some info the second owner in our coach while traveling in the SW region of the US could not get the slide out Pssgr side retracted he called mobile service and what i think they did was repalce the solenoids on hydraulic motor under second step and jumped the trombetta to get the slide to retract. Upon getting home i contacted our service tech who feels that the trombetta has failed or is failing. the only problem is he is out 2-4 months and the main problem i cannot locate where the trombetta is installed. It is definetly not on the hydraulic motor under second step. My questioin to all is has anyone else had this problem, replacing the trombetta?? And if so where did you locate yours and how did you replace the trombetta. Thank you all in advance for your help. I am very informed with servicing the coach not the diesel leave that to the pros..
fiveo8822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2023, 08:10 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I can't help you with the Rtrombetta question but may I recommend you repost your question on IRV2? You should get more responses...
Old 05-11-2023, 09:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

This is a general picture of the 12V solenoids and wiring. I bought replacement 12V solenoids from Amazon.
Take a picture of your wiring before removing anything.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf HWH oump ssolenoids wiring.pdf (458.4 KB, 54 views)
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, replace, replacement, slide, slide out