Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2021, 03:00 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

slideouts

Any other thoughts I called HWH last Friday and they said they would return my called Mon or Tues I have heard nothing

I email AZPETE and haven't heard from him

Any other thoughts on what to try to get these slides working
McKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 03:08 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenzie View Post
Any other thoughts I called HWH last Friday and they said they would return my called Mon or Tues I have heard nothing

I email AZPETE and haven't heard from him

Any other thoughts on what to try to get these slides working
Call HWH again... do it before you run out of weekdays. They don't work on the weekend.
Old 10-14-2021, 03:41 PM   #43
Winnebago Master

Azpete has posted his phone number and direct email before so you might want to try reaching him that way. You can contact Paul (AZPETE) at [email protected] or call him at 602-549-3638
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:13 PM   #44
Winnebago Master

Sorry to have dropped out of this for a bit. I'm fighting fire on a number of difficult personal items that come and go and lost rack of this question.

On the question of it being a problem in some other part of the sytem like the control switch, wiring, etc. I feel that is pretty well out as they are getting the solenoid on the notor to click and seeing the battery voltage which comes ff the battery , show on the second large lug of the solenoid. That is indicating that the power is getting to the solenoid, the switch and wiring is casuing the solenoid to pass that power through to the wire going to the motor.
So if the motor is getting power and we have made sure the motor is grounded, the motor should at least ry to move and turn.

That pretty well leaves the problem being that large wire heading to the motor is bad, the motor itself is bad or something connected to it like the pump is frozen and not letting it move.

As mentioned in a post above, taking the morot off and spinning it by hand is one way to see it moves freely and while it is off, then connecting it to power and ground like a pair of jumper cables from the battery direct to the motor is one way to go further.

Sometimes a motor has one specifc part of the winding or a specific point in it rotation which can be bad but it has to be real close to where they are looking.
Now the trick is to get it found as there is likely to be something small that is stopping things. It's a small motor but likely to be a major headache to remove!

I would want to do all the looking I could at that wire connection between the solenoid and motor as they may be looking at one end, while the end which is connected to the motro is loose?? That end is often connected to the brushes and they could be totally worn but I would expect to get some reaction to see, hear or smell???
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2021, 11:00 AM   #45
Winnebago Camper

We have about given up and are thinking of selling as is Anyone know that it might be worth?
Old 10-29-2021, 11:55 AM   #46
Site Team

Just find a local mobile RV Tech and get this fixed.

If you're slides aren't working then forget about selling it for anything close to what it might be worth.
Old 10-29-2021, 12:58 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Just find a local mobile RV Tech and get this fixed.

If you're slides aren't working then forget about selling it for anything close to what it might be worth.
I agree, and don't give up until you've (or a mobile tech) has checked out the motor as described by Morich. It could be an easy and relatively inexpensive fix, especially if it's something simple like its brushes. A good tech should be able to diagnose the problem in an hour or two. Once you know what's wrong and get a repair estimate, you can decide what you want to do.

Let's say it's the motor or something else simple and will cost $500 to repair or replace, you'd be much better doing this before selling. If it's a bigger problem and the estimate is something like $2,000 or more, you can negotiate with the estimate in hand. Just be prepared that you're going to have to give up more than the estimate.

Parts availability from HWH and other supplies is problematical right now but used parts are often available on ebay.
Old 10-29-2021, 01:21 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Our local RV repair is 115.00 an hour
Old 10-29-2021, 01:52 PM   #49
Winnebago Master

If you have confidence in them, well worth the money.
Old 10-29-2021, 09:55 PM   #50
Site Team

Quote:
Our local RV repair is 115.00 an hour
Great! Mine is $150/hr. Look at all you’re saving.
Old 10-30-2021, 12:13 PM   #51
Winnebago Camper

sorry I meant 150.00
Old 10-30-2021, 12:39 PM   #52
Winnebago Master

Quote:
sorry I meant 150.00
Still worth it if he's good.
Old 11-03-2021, 07:00 PM   #53
Winnebago Camper

I want to post another problem on how to remove the water panel, but I can't find place where you post new threads Help BTW with your help and AZPetes we are on our way to getting slide outs working, Thanks
Old 11-03-2021, 07:33 PM   #54
Site Team

To post a new thread go to the forum that applies to your question. In that forums index (listing) of thread titles click on the black button that says New Thread in the upper left hand corner of the index page.

And, FYI, I have no idea what you are talking about when you say “water panel.” So when you start that new thread try to help us understand what you are referring to.
Old 11-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #55
Winnebago Master

I'm glad you made contact with AZPete. Let us know how things turn out.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:02 AM   #56
Winnebago Camper

It was pump and now back slide out works still having a bit of trouble with front one goes out won't come back in

AZPETE has been a great help
Old 11-04-2021, 10:14 AM   #57
Winnebago Master

Quote:
It was pump and now back slide out works still having a bit of trouble with front one goes out won't come back in

AZPETE has been a great help
Great, everything pointed to the pump. Did you have to replace the pump or was it an electrical connection?

Now that you're in contact with AZPete a solution should be at hand. The only problem may be parts availability.
Old 11-04-2021, 10:20 AM   #58
Winnebago Camper

Pete got us a new pump and it was actually quite easy to install with a manual he email us and talking on phone, he is now helping to get the problem resolved of why front slide goes out but won't come back in
I found the place where you post for new threads (by accident) and started a new thread for another problem
This site (?) has been so helpful and we really appreciate the help and your patience
Old 11-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #59
Winnebago Camper

Smile slideouts not functioning

Thank you, thank you, thank you

The slideouts are WORKING!!!!!

Took a new hydraulic pump and a solenoid

And big thank you to AZ PETE WITHOUT YOU GUYS and Pete we couldn't have gotten it done You all are the BEST!!!!!!

Now onto the broken water tank fill

McKenzie's
Old 11-15-2021, 03:35 PM   #60
Winnebago Master

I have to replace a solenoid valve on mine and HWH is completely out and doesn't know when they'll be in stock.

Thankfully, I found Stuart's Service in Elkhart, IN who had what I needed in stock:

http://www.rvleveling.com/contact-stuarts-service.html

Tags
slideout, slide