Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Today, 07:42 AM   #1
Bullnutz

Touch Screen Problem 2023 Vista NPF

Hey everyone! I got on here to tap into the minds of other owners of this coach. The better half and I love this rig and with the exception of a few minor hiccups, the coach has been flawless. Until last night!! I turned my battery on to move the slide out to obtain access to something under the bed that I needed. The unit is stored in my climate controlled shop and I always use the battery disconnect even with the rig plugged in. When I turned on the battery, the touch screen powers up and I can see everything as I normally do. My problem is that the screen is unresponsive to touch. I can't navigate through. It is stuck on the homescreen and it won't even let me turn the water pump on or the water heater. None of the above categories on top work either! My touch screen is dead. Looking in the manual, it says that I can reboot the touch screen by hitting the gear button.....but unfortunately, I cannot even access this. Can anyone help?? Thank you in advance.
Bullnutz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:48 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'd try at least 2 more power cycles with your battery disconnect switch, with the RV unpluged from shore power to see if the unit will power up and initialize the internal circuitry that operates the touch screen. There is a chip and firmware inside the unit that initializes the touch screen layer of the display and provides the input information to the rest of the unit's software. This may temporarily get you going but chances are the problem will reappear from time to time.

I'd call Winnebago customer service on the chance there's a service bulletin on the issue or to see if they are providing a post warranty repair coverage for this problem. It certainly was designed to work correctly for a lot longer than 2 years. I've seen this problem on multiple touch screen devices like Rand McNally GPS units and it seems like it starts a couple of years after they are new. Unfortunately it is not user repairable,
powercat_ras is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:12 AM   #3
Bullnutz

I called my dealer and they weren't much help. I appreciate your input and am calling Winnebago service right now. Thx again for your help.
Old Today, 09:42 AM   #4
Bullnutz

To all,

This is an update. I called Customer Service and they are sending me a new one 2 day shipping with the understanding that I return my original for the necessary repairs. Silver-Leaf Electronics was very generous and when Chris from Winnebago called them with my issue, they decided to expedite shipping so that my RV trip next week won't be jeopardized. For which I'm grateful!

Anyway, there are 2 revisions since mine was manufactured and the new one is their latest revision. This is just to inform my fellow Winnebago Owners that customer service is top notch through WIT owners and they resolved my issue quickly! I will post an update after the new revision has shipped and been installed. Thank you again!!

Alan

Tags
scr