Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-04-2023, 12:49 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TPMS hot tire on 2016 Vista LX 29N

Hello room… have a 2016 Vista LX 29N … theTPMS (Truck System Technologies) consistently shows the right front tire 15 degrees hotter than the left front… pressures both same in range… i had the callipers checked and replaced but still same issues… any ideas would be appreciated?
Bogdan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 07:42 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

On our 27N we had a sensor acting up. Diagnosed it by swapping to a different wheel position and the problem followed... Replacing the battery corrected the problem, even though the battery wasn't that old. We also learned that the sensors on the "sunny side" of the rig when driving always reported hotter than the "shady side".
IOS 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 08:59 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

We found that once we started getting full time info on our tires, our view had to adapt!
We moved from working to get all the tire presssure just right to thinking it made very little difference as they never stayed the same for long anyway!
We parked next to a board fence and the shade from the fence made the pressure less and as the sun moved, the temps changed!
Driving East to West, we got different readings than driving West to East, depending which was on the sunny side!
We opened up the alarms and gave them more room to allow for the changes and stopped the worry about getting them set "just right"!

We had a right rear inside dual that read hotter but finally spotted that it got the blowback from the exhaust!

In your case, I would look at when the tire shows hotter and first try to spot anything to explain that and if not finding any outside cause, then consider moving the sensor to see if it moves the problem.
Is this a sensor built in/mounted on the rim or one you can move by yourself?
After watching a problem my brother had, we went with the type which we could screw on without breaking down the tire and which also had batteries we could replace.
My experience with the Rv's has shown we rarely had to have tire work done and I could see that getting the sensor off/on might be something I would want to do.

Funny part was when I sold the RV, the new owner DID NOT want that "stuff" as he knew better than any machine ever would! He was sure he knew how to take care of tires, so I unscrewed the sensors and sold the TPMS after he left!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2023, 10:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Bogdan, the rubber brake hoses have been known to fail inside while the outside appeared just like the other three. IMO when having a brake job done it's best to replace all the rubber brake hoses too.
Ford recommends flushing and replacing brake fluid every 2-5 years.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote