Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old Today, 01:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2017 Cambria. Constant binging from under dash when not in park

Hurricane Milton hit our town. We lost electricity and decided to relocate for a while. Everything is ready for the road. Jack's are up, Jack light is off, slides are in, seats are in the proper position facing forward. As soon as I release the parking brake and take the transmission out of park I get a constant binging.

After 2 Days on the Road I had to do something! I found the parking brake switch and moved it so that it would show the emergency brake on all the time. The binging stopped! However, now the cruise control doesn't work.

After we reached our destination I popped off the lower dashboard cover and found the source of the binging. It was a dual enunciator with a relay attached to it. Pulled the relay and the binging stopped. I replace the relay but the problem remained.

This annunciator/ relay assembly is a Winnebago part that was installed aftermarket. The annunciator itself naturally works. So, unless I am mistaken, the signal goes to the relay which throws the relay and the annunciator annunciates. Where does the signal come from?

I ask this question because I have spent one and a half days trying to find an alarm circuit wiring diagram for my 2017 Winnebago Cambria. I'd love to find this circuit that accumulates the signals that would cause the alarm to go off. I think it was fried while under the power lines that feed our street when Transformers were blowing up all around. Please help.
rfrye7533 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

We don't get the full 12VDC wiring schematics after the 2010 models but just what they call installation info and drawings.
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000177533.pdf That leaves us doing much more guessing than I like! But we make do with what we can?
Sheet 2 of this drawing shows a detail CE near the driver's feet? I think that is where you are speaking of the relay?
Go to next sheet (3) to see that detail CE. Park brake wire details on sheet!
Winnebago puts ID on small wires. This ID should also match what they give us on drawings as well as wires! I marked the wire ID on these in red!
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire ID.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	190137
To decode ID from wires or drawings, use this chart for "from" and "to" locations and it sometimes lets us know to expect battery or ground! These seem to involve jacks down alarms! Your Ding ding?
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf
Click these snips to get a better view or go direct for the full story?
[ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	jack1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	190139[/ATTACH]

I suspect you have an alarm for jacks down. Whether true or not is a biggie to figure!
One thing that may be easy to check is the fluid level as it can work kind of strange if not checked lately!
Rather than checking the actual position of the jacks, the alarm senses fluid level. Low fluid and it thinks fluid has been sent out on the lines when jacks are extended!
Simple thinking! Fluid low, jacks must be down!
Hoping just topping off fluid will fix?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	park1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	190138  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
constant alarms, dash