Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class B Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-24-2023, 09:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2022 Solis Pocket Ceiling Sag under AC

Interested to know if anyone has sagging ceiling issues under the AC. I am likely going to remove the AC and drop in another maxair ceiling vent/fan since i have not used the AC once in two years. Bummed about this and looking for guidance from anyone who has done this type pf repair/replacement.
nichla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings nichla,
I am assuming that it is not the metal which has sagged, but rather, it is the headliner; is that correct? This forum has no threads describing that problem on a Solis.
Will a MaxAir vent/fan fit the opening of an Air conditioner? Will you be able to re-install the Air Conditioner at a later date?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNTITLED.gif
Views:	41
Size:	402.6 KB
ID:	188126
Old 12-24-2023, 11:39 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks! Seems to be the headliner only from visual inspection. From what I see in the Coleman Mach AC install guide the cutout is a standard 14x14 which is also standard for a maxair fan. I have a message into Winnebago and will go to a local RV shop to do more info gathering. I never use the ac so i think i could actually get more use out of another fan.
Old 12-24-2023, 01:53 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichla View Post
Thanks! Seems to be the headliner only from visual inspection. From what I see in the Coleman Mach AC install guide the cutout is a standard 14x14 which is also standard for a maxair fan. I have a message into Winnebago and will go to a local RV shop to do more info gathering. I never use the ac so i think i could actually get more use out of another fan.
Yes, as long as you can change it back to Air Conditioning, it sounds like a good idea. See if you can find-out what Winnebago uses to bond the headliner to the van roof. It might be something like a very-high-bonding double-sided tape, and if you use the exact same thing, it shouldn't discolor the headliner. The wrong contact cement might make a mess.
Eagle5
Old 12-24-2023, 03:03 PM   #5
Site Team

Make sure you hang on to that A/C unit if you ever hope to sell the RV in the future. You're luckly if you can camp without needing A/C but anyone buying that sweet Class B Van in the future is probably going to want the A/C installed.
Old 12-25-2023, 07:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichla View Post
Interested to know if anyone has sagging ceiling issues under the AC. I am likely going to remove the AC and drop in another maxair ceiling vent/fan since i have not used the AC once in two years. Bummed about this and looking for guidance from anyone who has done this type pf repair/replacement.
I put the Maxxfan Deluxe (00-07500K) in my TT in place of the factory bathroom fan. These fans really move a lot of air. An added bonus is that you can use them in the rain and while driving.

It has 10 speeds. It is always running unless the temps drop below about 30 or so. They really help remove moisture from showering, cooking, breathing, etc.

I am based out of Texas so, won't be getting rid of the A/C anytime soon. In fact, I am looking to upgrade to a 2831RB with 50 amp service and two A/C units.
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 07:09 AM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Unfortunately upon closer inspection it does look like the roof has a slight bend/sag to it under the ac. I am taking it to a local RV spot today to have a look. Has anyone experienced any structural issues on a 2022 Solis Pocket? I am trying to understand why this may have occurred other than impact. I am really bummed about this. I use this van almost everyday.
Old 12-26-2023, 10:40 AM   #8
Site Team

It seems to me that if the roof wasn't strong enough to handle the bouncing weight of an air conditioner unit, it should be OK with a lightweight MaxFan. If the sheetmetal can be reformed into shape without repainting, then something like a Dent Wizard should be the least expensive option. If you are going to need to repaint, then you might as well get reinforcement welded into the roof.
Good luck; Eagle5
Old 12-26-2023, 10:52 AM   #9
Site Team

It's possible that the A/C unit struck a low hanging branch which pushed the whole A/C unit down and depressed the rooftop of the van.

You'll get a clear view of all of this when you remove the A/C unit.

Tags
ceiling