Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-20-2024, 12:53 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2006 Winnebago View front 5 clearance lights not working

Hey everyone, can't seem to figure this issue out after quite a few hours of poking around. Can't figure out why the font fender marker lights don't have 12 volts to them. This is on a 2006 Winnebago View so since also my front 5 roof clearance lights don't work either they must be connect to the fender market lights as well.

Here is what I've done:

Headlights and headlight position lights work
Rear taillight position lights work
Rear side markers work
Rear 5 roof clearance lights also work
All fuses are good as well

Wiring to the fender lights has ground on both wires:
~ With headlight switch OFF, both wires have 0 ohms to a ground
~ With headlight switch ON, one wire 0 ohms, the other wire has 30 ohms to ground.. so the switch does do something just won't give it 12 volts like it should

I don't know what else to try 🤔, any suggestion are much appreciated
I don't even see a fuse specific to only the front fender position lights anywhere in the RV
Old 08-20-2024, 04:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This sounds like it will be in what Winnebagoconsiders the Chassis wiring that they buy from the chassis folks as a stripped chassis. They then build the RV part on top and onlyu provide info on th epart they add.
They show the section of wiring to the front top lights but do not even show the lower front lights as being there! I take your word they are there!

So that leaves us to guess a bunch on how they get power to the lower but the upper shows a 2 pin connection near the top passenger corner. Not something to chase if there are lower and they also don't work!

That is where we may have to start looking for things Winn doesn't show and chassis folks hold the info tight!

I don't know the Springer well but on a ford or Chevy, we would expect to find a box out under the hood where there are only chassis fuses.
Think what would be on a van chassis only with no RV on top?
Do you have asmaller booklet ion a bag of info that covers only chassis stuff?

That should come with the RV and "should" show where to find chassis fuses?
But I know they get lost over time, so maybe not there?

Maybe a close look for a fuse box out under the hood? Maybe a drawing or label on the insdie of the cover?

Maybe some Sprinter folks will come a long to tell you a better story?

Wish you luck but I suspect there is a blown fuse hiding somewhere that feeds both top and bottom front!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2024, 04:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Actually after following wiring diagrams and hours or looking around I found the issue.

Where the wiring for all the rear lights from the original T1N Sprinter stops, and Winnebago spliced and extended new wiring for the Winnie rear end is where the issue was.

The splicing of the Sprinter wires into the Winnebago harness was pretty ****** IMO. No self respecting even amateur electrician would do the job that was under there.

Anyways... It's located right where the dirty water dump hole is (passenger rear) of the vehicle on this model.

After redoing the connections between the Sprinter and Winnie tail-lighting wiring, everything started working fine ツ

PS oh and the front fender marker lights LOL turned out to be turn signals and NOT maker lights so we only had 1 issue to begin with.
Old 08-20-2024, 05:09 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Good enough!~ Glad to hear it is fixed but that does explain why they were not shown on drawings from Winn!
Too bad we can't find a big pool to drive in and cover the Rv with some kind of anti -corrosion dip! It seems to be one of the biggest problems we see.
Maybe we need to use them more to keep things shiny?

Carry on and enjoy!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, view, winnebago