Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-08-2020, 05:43 PM   #41
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the information on how good the sound bar is and exactly where you mounted it.
Lou D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:03 PM   #42
Winnebago Camper

So why didn't u go with the upgraded tv by Winnebago with the built in sound bar that was offered? Do you know the cost by chance?

Winnebago Dan 20J
DKDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:23 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

There wasn't an upgraded TV or sound bar offered on the 2020, 24D.
Just like an upgraded porcelain toilet wasn't offered. After figuring out what porcelain throne would fit I changed it out.
Lou D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:38 PM   #44
Winnebago Camper

sorry was talking about fsantore who said he just bought a 2021 and picked it up Sep 1st. Seemed like a lot of trouble he went through but I get it wanting to get rid of that standard TV. Heading to Forest City and thought I'd look into getting that new upgraded TV if it's not an arm and a leg. I did hang a 50 dollar sound bar under it so I can hear it over the AC.

Winnebago Dan 20J
DKDaniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 06:45 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

Winnebago website only lists adding a bluray player and sound bar - doesn't mention upgrading the TV as an option for 2021 models.

The speakers in the stock TV aren't powerful enough to easily hear over the air conditioner. The Samsung Q50R has more powerful speakers and is more than loud enough to hear over the A/C.

If we upgrade our sound, it would probably be to add surround sound with wireless rear speakers - for now, we're satisfied with the 4K video and louder speakers.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:00 PM   #46
Winnie-Wise

We are in the process of completing the purchase of a 2021 Navion 24D and there is nothing on the Winnebago website about a TV upgrade option. Actually the Winnebago Class C section is the least informative I found when researching our next RV.

My last RV has DC only for the TV and the 12V DC televisions were twice the price and half as reliable and when they fail they become electronic waste at the local recycle center. It really is dumb to not provide an option for a standard VESA mounting of a new TV as the TV provided by Winnebago is going to fail eventually and need to be replaced.
Elkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:20 PM   #47
Winnebago Master

The TV in the 24D is powered by a 110 outlet - so a residential 32" TV should fit.

The challenge is the mount. The mount in our 24D appeared to be designed specifically for the 32" ATYME dumb TV that comes with the 24D.

I was able to get a compact VESA mount to work by using many zip-ties to lash it to the original mount. It's not an elegant solution, but it seems to be working - plus I was able to slightly tilt the TV downward, reducing the glare from the ceiling lights.

The TV that came in our 21VD is pretty basic, and likely pretty inexpensive.

The Samsung TV we have now is 4K, much better picture, louder audio plus has streaming apps.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:20 PM   #48
Site Team

I'm going out on a limb, but I would guess (without really knowing) that WBGO is putting 110v TVs in their Navion/View Class C's. If I'm wrong I apologize, but since the unit comes with a 2000w inverter and I see other View owners talk about the 110v receptacles near their TVs being inverter powered it just makes sense.

You get a "32" HDTV". And optionally you can add a Blueray player and soundbar. What you probably won't get is a 4K smart TV.

In my motorhome they are all Samsung. All 110v and all pretty much bare bones HDTVs. Each has 2-HDMI ports. We connect Roku's to each TV so that's fine with us. We have a 4k Samsung Smart TV at home but prefer to use a Roku because of the much larger choice of channel applications.

About the TV Mounts... for some reason WBGO likes to engineer and make their own mounts. They go to ridiculous lengths to create beefy solid metal mounts that are usually very hard bolted into the RV. Our bedroom TV was that way and I figured out how to remove it and add a standard VESA TV mount onto the WBGO mounting plate.

You can of course, change out the TV in your new RV to anything that will fit. But I realize tht you want the factory to do it.
Old 11-01-2020, 03:33 PM   #49
Winnebago Master

The 2020/2021 24D TV is 32" and 110V.

Samsung makes a 32" 4K TV - Q50R - currently on sale at BestBuy for $398.

Not only does the stock TV fit snuggly in the mount - they also use some putty that almost glues the back of the TV to the mount. That putty makes it fit snug to the cabinet, and is a challenge to peel the TV off the mount.

While mounting a replacement TV will be challenge, we were able to do it without having to drill any holes - and so far the zip ties seem to be holding without any problems (each zip tie is rated to hold the weight of the TV - so many of them should have no trouble holding the TV in place).
Old 11-02-2020, 05:17 PM   #50
Winnie-Wise

I can see making a custom aluminum plate to attach to the Winnebago bracket and either drill it for VESA mounting or add a VESA mount to the plate. A lot depends on how strong the cabinet walls are or whether backing plates are needed (been there and done that). At least once the VESA mount is in place it can be used for any TV's purchased in the future.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:32 PM   #51
Winnebago Master

The wood in the cabinet is formed to fit the specific TV that comes with the RV.

The compact VESA mount we have fits reasonably well ontop of the original mount, though it doesn't extend far enough to drill holes into the wood of the cabinet door.

Only small concern is using zip-ties for the mount - and if it looks like it's a potential problem, I'll get some metal straps to provide secondary support.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:54 PM   #52
Site Team

I did add a Bluetooth Transmitter and Speakers to my 22M; will work with any headphone jack. Can now hear my TV over the AC.
Eagle5
Old 11-02-2020, 08:57 PM   #53
Winnebago Master

A soundbar is another option - and something we might add later, especially if we include wireless rear surround sound speakers.
Old 11-08-2020, 01:47 PM   #54
Winnie-Wise

We are buying a 2021 Navion and it comes with the ATYME 320GM5HD televison which has been discontinued by ATYME. So sooner or later I will need to put in a new TV and fabricate a VESA mount for the RV. Can't seem to get a turnkey RV no matter how much we spend.
Old 11-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #55
2021 View 24D

Here's what my Bose TV Speaker mounting looks like. It doesn't block any of the window, and also doesn't place any additional weight on the swing out door. It does block one side of the overhead dual AC outlet, and perhaps slightly affects the under counter light distribution. Neither have seemed to bother me. Note that on my 21D the stock TV was very bulky in depth and considerably heavier than the 32" Samsung Q50. Also, removing the two side metal mounts and turning the main rear metal mount 180 degrees per LouD's approach probably means adding the soundbar did not increase the overall weight.

Regarding mounting the Bose, it's only mounting point is two screw holes on the bottom of the unit. From the factory these two holes have rubber plugs. Bose sells a $50 wall mount, and perhaps you could fasten two of the brackets together, but wasn't sure would work and I was sure I didn't want to spend $100 getting it mounted under the cabinet. I bought a BestBuy open box version of this $250 unit for $180. Home Depot has a 2 pack of 4" angle brackets for a total of $8. Let me know if anyone is interested in my attachment approach using these. I'm very happy with the setup so far, use the soundbar in Bluetooth mode to my phone when in bed and to the TV through HDMI otherwise, also have added an AppleTV and all is controlled via a logitech Harmony remote control basic unit. If not watching TV, I'm typically launching TuneIn or Pandora if not streaming my music library. Fidelity is superb.

I'm continuing to design a mod to lower the TV with 14" drawer glides to eye level, and hopefully employ a left/right tilt mount. We'll see if I actually finish this one.

Finally, thanks for alerting me to the 32Q50 Best Buy sale. I'm probably still eligible for the price match.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Imports - 1 of 2.jpeg
Views:	110
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	175744   Click image for larger version

Name:	Imports - 2 of 2.jpeg
Views:	94
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	175745  

fsantore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 06:36 PM   #56
New To Winnebago

I am purchasing a 2021 View 24D and came across your post about the Bose TV Speaker. I will most likely upgrade the TV to a "smart" TV, but my question is more for the mount. I am trying to improve the viewing angle towards the murphy bed and thought I could attach the TV to a full motion TV wall mount that locks into place when traveling. Is this possible?

Thanks for any help,
MilestoRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:34 PM   #57
2021 View 24D

Hi MilestoRV- I’ve not done more than previously described, though I have purchase drawer glides to do the drop down function. The idea was to also add a low profile swivel, which would help orienting the TV towards the Murphy Bed. I am finding more and more in our travels when we finally turn in, we’re too tired to watch TV. We do use the sound bar set to sleep a lot. If I ever get back to installing the drop down slides (gave up on motorizing), I’ll post my approach.
fsantore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 08:33 PM   #58
Winnebago Master

The challenge with the mount is that the TV cabinet door has a huge cutout where the stock TV is mounted and once the stock TV is removed, there isn't much you can use to connect a new mount.

I used a small mount and then lashed it to the original mount using a lot of zip ties and a couple of metal straps. It's not as securely mounted as the original TV, but it's good enough to keep the TV in place - though we do try to open the cabinet door by grabbing onto the metal mount and not the TV.

A swivel mount will likely need to be fastened securely on the cabinet door, and may require some clever mounting to do that, given how little wood is available for the mount.

With our 32" Samsung UHD smart TV, the picture and sound is much better than the stock TV, and have found it to be very usable from the dinette and from the murphy bed - so haven't found a need to shift to a swivel mount.

The only reason we'd look at having a swivel mount could be to make viewing better from the cab seats when they are rotated around to the coach - those seats are pretty comfortable - and recline, though we've found the dinette with the footrests out is also pretty comfortable...
Old 02-15-2021, 01:48 PM   #59
Winnie-Wise

Why not mount a VESA mounting bracket to the current TV mount assembly? No need to Mickey Mouse it with cable ties. Vesa mount brackets sell for as little as $10 and many places to find them online. Or phone a place like Crutchfields. Worst case you might need to buy a piece of 1/8" stainless steel plate and mount if between the existing mount and a VESA bracket.

The one good thing is that with the Winnebago design, bad as it is, you do have full and unrestricted access to the area which is hardly ever the case with an RV.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:34 PM   #60
Winnebago Master

Unfortunately, the mount and the cabinet cutout appears to have been designed for use with the specific TV that comes from the factory.

If the original mount is removed, a new mount might work - though there isn't a lot of room to work with.

If some has removed the stock mount and found another mount (swivel/tilt?) that fits well, I'll switch to that.

Though if a swivel mount is used, it will have to be one that has the ability to lock the TV in place, so it doesn't swing while the RV is moving...

Tags
upgrade