Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-14-2024, 09:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

An Easy Transition from TT to View Class C?

How easy was it going from a TT with lots of exterior storage to the View with very limited storage especially for large items? What compromises did you end up making? Not having your truck available for large items like bikes and kayaks.
CraigS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 05:58 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

Hi, I use to have a 28ft TT and now in a View. Once I went through all the stuff I hauled I was able to cut back quite a bit I never used. We have the V model with pretty good outside storage and the bunk over cab we use for storage. We have a yakup rack in the back to haul our kayaks and bikes.
It’s worked out well! Wife loves to drive it even. Also, Winnebago has two new floor plans the T and the R with large rear storage compartments that are awesome! The T is available now the R not yet.
TXTy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2024, 07:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Storage Problem

CraigS,
Feel your frustration. Sold our 34ft DP, with lots of basement storage and an abundance of interior storage as well and purchased a 2021 View 24V. It took a lot of thought on my wife’s & my part to take a hard look at what it was we really used each time we traveled. Things like moving from our large K- cup coffee maker & it’s pods, to a small 5 cup pot. We went from carrying both warm & cold weather clothes to what we will need for current trip. I carried many maintenance items & variety of tools. Some rarely or never used.
As far as kayaks or bikes there are add ons you can purchase to accommodate those issues. We know that this issue for us will continue to evolve until we are comfortable with what we can carry & use. Good luck on making the transition.
Old 08-01-2024, 07:12 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

This year we transitioned from a 24’ travel trailer to a 24’ Class C (not a View)with an overhead bed. Biggest change was not having the truck for extra storage. Biggest improvement was a much better ride with much easier maneuverability. We found that we were carrying more than we needed with the travel trailer. We are still adapting, but liking the change.
Bzerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2024, 08:09 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Looking back, we now know there was no hope of us ever getting the hauling/loading question right for very long!
When you have young kids, it takes a totally different load. As they move through their different ages, you likely change as well. What works for camping with toddlers is no good for teens! What works for adults that want to go hinking is no good for those who just want to prop their feet up and watch others!

I suggest giving up on getting it right as that is a moving target that you may never reach!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, view