Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Today, 10:30 AM   #1
Red Baron

Battery Issues 2014 View Profile 24G

My Problem 2014 Winnebago View Chassis Batt not strong enough to get me thru the night with my 3 way ref. {dometic RML 3555 ON BATT. setting} would like to change over to AGM Batt. I have a Boondocker 4 stage 60AMP Converter /Charger what Batt. brand and max amp power would you recommend.
Thank you for your time
George
P.S. Batt. now in RV 2 Interstate size 24M@ 550CC

2014 Winnebago View Profile 24G
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:39 PM   #2
Site Team

I see you are running the fridge on BATT setting. Stop that! That is what is using all of your 12v power. Run your fridge on AC when on shore power. And if you wish you can run it on BATT when driving the 2014 View. But you must remember to switch to AC or LP anytime you are not driving the RV.

This one change may be all that you need unless your batteries are old or worn out.

Your current batteries are dual purpose Marine/RV batteries and provided 81-amp hours each when new. It sounds like they are not producing that amount of amp hours now. Or they'd certainly last overnight to power a typical 24' Class C usage, especially with a gas absorption fridge.

Here's a link to your battery's data sheet:
https://www.campingworld.com/interst...cca-71700.html

Bigger better batteries are always better. But the change to running your Fridge on LP when boondocking/dry camping is likely all you need to "fix" your problem.

PS. the "550 CC" rating of your battery is irrelevant - that number refers to the power needed to start a boat motor.