Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-04-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Blinds falling!

One side of the pull down blinds in the bathroom came loose. Am I supposed to snap It back in place with the valance in place, or how do I remove the valance??
Den m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den m View Post
One side of the pull down blinds in the bathroom came loose. Am I supposed to snap It back in place with the valance in place, or how do I remove the valance??
Where are these offending blinds located, exactly? House, apartment, condo, cottage, cabin, motorhome, travel trailer, truck camper, fiver?

Gotta give the forumites more info than that, if you want some help.
Consider adding your rig's year/make/model to your signature.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbagoal View Post
Where are these offending blinds located, exactly? House, apartment, condo, cottage, cabin, motorhome, travel trailer, truck camper, fiver?

Gotta give the forumites more info than that, if you want some help.
Consider adding your rig's year/make/model to your signature.
While my Q may have been missing a bit of critical info, it is a Winnebago owner’s site, and I seriously doubt anyone owns a Winnebago house, apartment, condo,cottage, or cabin... it is however a class C Motorhome, a 2015 View. I have since been able to get the roller assembly clipped back in place, but I still would like to know how the valance is attached for future reference. Thanks for your feedback😷
Den m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
While my Q may have been missing a bit of critical info, it is a Winnebago owner’s site, and I seriously doubt anyone owns a Winnebago house, apartment, condo,cottage, or cabin.
Sorry about the sarcasm in my reply, buy you'd be surprised at some of the off topic meandering posts you'll see on most of these forums.
As for the valance, I have no idea how the valance is attached, as I don't have the said blinds in my 2018 N24V. That said, I had one of the bedroom side window valance/blind/screen assemblies replaced by the dealer, after the tension roller on it exploded. I wasn't able to watch the repair, but perhaps visit a Winnebago dealer and inquire, or send an email eith your question to
[email protected]
Include your year/make/model, WGO serial number if you know it, and the chassis VIN. They're pretty good with stuff like this.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 03:42 PM   #5
Site Team

On my blinds, I have had to remove them for repair, and I left the valence in place and just snapped them back in.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #6
Site Team

If they’re the kind that has the cord mounted to the wall (dual blinds) there is a youtube video that will tell you how to re-string them but tightening the cord also helps add some tension to them so they don’t fall. I bought the string to re-string them but that looked pretty intensive and we put it back together a bit tighter and it has helped since.
Old 10-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
While my Q may have been missing a bit of critical info, it is a Winnebago owner’s site, and I seriously doubt anyone owns a Winnebago house, apartment, condo,cottage, or cabin... it is however a class C Motorhome, a 2015 View. I have since been able to get the roller assembly clipped back in place, but I still would like to know how the valance is attached for future reference. Thanks for your feedback😷

Would that possibly be a 2015 View 24M with a serial number that starts with 10544T2? One must be very specific in order to get to the correct parts listing and information for the ones that have a window in the bathroom. There are 4 different View models in 2015 with 2 subsets each giving you 8 choices of parts listings,

On that particular one the parts listing appears to show an angle bracket that the valance rests on top of with screws going across it however its hard for me to see if they go up from underneath or are coming down from the top.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2015/188207w.htm
Old 10-11-2020, 11:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Had to remove a couple valances in our Minnie Winnie 27Q so the DW could re-cover them. Neil is correct, they are held in place with L brackets - one on each end.

To find them look straight up on the inside of the valance (might need a small flashlight).
Old 10-12-2020, 08:42 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Since I'm a guy, and so unfamiliar with the concept of reading directions; I only accidentally stumbled across this info in my 2005 Sightseer Operator Manual. It has modest information about my unit's blinds. It mentions their adjusting, tension and pleating issues in there. I assume that if you dismount them, in your dealings; the info might be of use later. My index doesn't list this element, but it's in the Care and Maintenance section. Hopefully your newer manual has become better.
Rick 99037 is offline   Reply With Quote