Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2024, 09:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

New to me

Hello, I just bought a used 2020 View 24D. Nice model full body paint diesel generator dual Payne windows. Since I’ve been driving it, I have had water leaking from the upper center console where the cab lights are just by the rearview mirror. Only happens when I turn. Been on the roof don’t see any obvious spots. Looks sealed. Could it be from around the window. I know that leaks can come from anywhere and head to the low point. Any suggestions would be great.
bigalantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 09:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Greetings bigalantia,
Inspect your roof and clean any suspect area (with rubbing alcohol) which might be leaking then reseal with the official product:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000041596.pdf
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
P.S. one of the clearance lights might have lost its seal; pull the lens and check carefully
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNTITLED.gif
Views:	20
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	189141
Old 06-09-2024, 09:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks. I did look at cab marker lights and it didn’t seem like they caulked under them.
bigalantia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2024, 10:08 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I tend to suspect lights before windows with rubber seals but either?
Lights seem to start out with rubber type seals that get dry and brittle, so I try to go a different way with them.
I take them off and then "think like a raindrop" for how to seal them better. When working on a vertical, I think of water running down hill so try to make a U shape over the top side and leave a small gap at the bottom where any that DOES get in can also run out to avoid filling the space and flowing to the inside.
I only want to do this once, so I go double/triple if it looks right! I make the U, then look at how water might follow the wires in and may add caulk/sealer to avoid that and finally after putting the light back on, I do a final, really small, seal line around the outside except for the small drain spot on the bottom. But I may change that if the light lays flat enough that driving in rain might force water in at the gap for draining!

Belt, suspenders, and keep a hand on things to make sure?
YUP! I'm lazy enough to only want to do it once!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote