Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-04-2024, 06:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Strange Water Pump Issue 2017 Minnie Winnie Class C

I have a 2017 Minnie Winnie Class C. After a period of using my water pump a lot it will not shut off unless I toggle the on / off switch to off then back on. The pump then stays off until water is used, then runs, but doesnt turn off.
Rick778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 07:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Two thoughts, one that sounds kind of too far out is the wiring may be intermitant and tricking you?
But then a second idea is that the pressure sensing that tell the pump to turn on to rebuild the set pressure may bea sticking?
Are you familiar with the pressure adjustments on many of the RV pumps?
I see in your profile you show a 26 foot? Perhaps a 26A?
Taking a look at the parts drawings here:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Click this snip for best view or go direct for the big picture!
Click image for larger version

Name:	Phillips.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	189531

It looks like th epump is mounted vertical with the adjustment pointed down??
That may mean you can't spot the screw adjustment without taking the pump loose? But if you can get to the small screw, leave the pump connected and turned on, you may be able to turn this screw just a 1/8-1/4 turn to change the setting and it may give you some relief?
Cheap try if you can get to it but the other idea might be that you have to put a new kit of parts on the pump for the adjustment. It sounds like something in that pressure switch is sticking!

I like the cheaper/easier if it gets me what I need. I buy the whole pump only if I have to do the radical stuff!

If needed the model of pump and a search will likely turn up rebuild kits and they are easy enough for many to dIY the replacement!

Best of luck to you !
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2024, 08:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

If I've talked you into getting into the pump repair, this video may help to see what is there and a note about a spring inside?
Not the same model as an RV possibly but the same parts and ideas for what is in there?
Old 08-11-2024, 05:20 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Mystery Solved!

During my attempt at adjusting the setting on the pressure switch, a red wire popped out from under the pump. Assuming this was the electrical for the switch, I plugged it back in. Magically the pump now seems to be operating correctly. I have no idea how it became disconnected. It has operated correctly for several years. It's also a difficult area to work, being in a little space accessed when the bed mattress is removed. So not easy to see loose wire.
Rick778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2024, 07:59 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

So the gremlins decided it was your turn?
Actually it sounds like you were the victim of a cruel thing call intermitant!
One idea is that the wire was just barely hanging on, maybe actually off but still hanging near enough to the pin it fit on? When you got the pump to work it might give a little jiggle that helped make contact until it shut down.
Just saying that there can be weird things like that go on and when we are using them, it seems like it is doing one thing when it is actually just tricking us!

Things can do that stuff. But they do!
About all we can say is we are glad it stopped!
Old 08-12-2024, 08:47 AM   #6
2016 View 24J Profile

Water pump issue

Had a similar issue with my water pump simply stop running altogether. After inspection, found a disconnected wire on the pump controller. I tightened the crimp on the wire and reconnected it. Pump fully functional again. I suspect that the vibration of the running pump slowly vibrated the connector off the controller. I recommend checking the tension on each of the connections for the wires on the controller and pump.
AlanO is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, water, water pump