Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2023, 07:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Trim Damage 2018 Minnie Winnie 31G

Hello All,
I did something stupid the other day, while leaving my driveway. I didn't look to see where my rear end was when turning out. As I turned I wasn't looking and didn't remember that my 31G is really long . I hit the pole that my electric gate stops up against and damaged the trim on the lower portion drives side of my RV . I am asking for suggestions to repair this area.

I have looked up the part on the 3D site and called to inquire but was told that the part is straight not radiused like on the site.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/2018/321092.htm

So I am looking for suggestions to bend this trim around the radius at the top. I called Winnebago Customer Care and was told that they no longer put the radius in as it was getting damaged during shipment. They told me to screw down the top part and SLOWLY bend it around the roof line.

I was sent a drawing that shows the radius bend if was bent to but not sure how to do that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

To repair the bottom part I was considering cutting the trim off and trying my best to straighten it then reattach it and seal it as much as possible. Does that sound like a good idea? Other suggestions?

All suggestions are welcome and appreciated.

Thanks
TimeshareRV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trim Damage.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	323.6 KB
ID:	186429   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof Radius.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	177.8 KB
ID:	186430  

TimeshareRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 05:54 AM   #2
2019 Minnie Winnie 22M

Unfortunately I had a similar issue. Last winter I had to move my RV in driveway in order to clear snow. When pulling I slid on ice and clipped the wall damaging the rear trim piece. I ended up ordering a straight piece from Winnebago and using a mini grinder with a cut off wheel I ended up replacing just the bottom 18 inches or so. To me it looks just fine, I have similar joints in other areas.
At the time I could of got the radius piece but it was more to ship than the actual price of piece. Not to mention I did not feel the need to take the entire piece off.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	78D4A270-B2F6-4BAA-AC3D-983A34CA2F92.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	186537  
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2023, 01:34 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I considered doing the same thing but was concerned that would be one more spot that water could get in. Although seeing your repair it looks great. Thanks for the photo.

TimeshareRV
Old 07-04-2023, 02:26 PM   #4
2019 Minnie Winnie 22M

I wouldn’t be concerned about that. Load it up with RV caulking and you should be all set. Like I said, look around the RV, you have similar factory joints In mine alone I can see at least 4 similar Butt joints, roof line and over the front cab .
I would not mess with trying to re create that radius, I think that would be extremely difficult
My opinion Good luck whatever you decide
Lance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2023, 01:44 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Trim Damage Update

Hello everyone just wanted to give an update on my trim issue. I bit the bullet and ordered the trim. I was surprised that when it arrived it already had the radius although everywhere I asked about it, even Winnebago, I was told it was straight. I am so grateful it is radiuses, now I don’t have to try todo it.
Now just need to install it.

Thanks,
TimeshareRV