Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-01-2024, 03:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV Wall Backer Plates 2015 Minnie Winnie 27Q

HI,
I purchased the above Minie without a TV. I am reading that some RV's have "backer plates" to mount a TV?? I see in pictures that if these came with a TV it is usually mounted over the counter near the sink?? Can anyone provide information about this?? Also I am assuming you can mount one in the bedroom?? There must be a backer plate in there??? Thanks for any help you can give. Have a nice day
WA1STH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 03:53 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This info is from the parts catolg here:
https://catalog.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

There are two differen tbuilds of that year and model RV. Early will have a 7th digit of 1 in the serial number (NOT VIN!) while the later has a 2 for 7th digit.
Serial number will be found on the label next to driver's left side in most cases.

One difference is the later build has a bedroom TV shown where the early has none.
This is what is shown for the later build .
Click for better view or go direct for the "big picture" info!
Click image for larger version

Name:	tv.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	189754 Click image for larger version

Name:	tv 2.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	189755 Click image for larger version

Name:	TV3.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	189756
Looks like there is a TV and mount at the left side of the bedroom entrance nearer the front of the bedroom?
Note that we get little info on wooden framing and studs on any of the online drawings but I would not expect to find any if there was no bedroom TV option for that specific RV.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 04:56 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

2015 Minnie Winne

Will have to check out the serial numbers. Thanks very much for the info. Winnebago's

catalog is clear as mud.
WA1STH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 05:08 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Are you speaking of the old PDF style catalog or is the new interactive giving you a tough time?
I rarely go to the old but I do admit the learning curve is a tough one on the new.
The more we play with the new toys, the easier they go! I play there a lot, so might give some hints to speed the curve?

I try not to push my ideas on others but if you want some hints on how to move around in the new interactive, I'm open to passing on what I have learned about it!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2024, 09:48 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by WA1STH View Post
HI,
I purchased the above Minie without a TV. I am reading that some RV's have "backer plates" to mount a TV?? I see in pictures that if these came with a TV it is usually mounted over the counter near the sink?? Can anyone provide information about this?? Also I am assuming you can mount one in the bedroom?? There must be a backer plate in there??? Thanks for any help you can give. Have a nice day

We have a 2016 27Q. It came with a TV already mounted on the Galley wall to the left of the kitchen window, and I know it's not good to assume, but I would bet there is already a TV mounting hard point there. Our TV mount consists of 2 good sized French cleats near the top and bottom of the TV. If I were you I'd get a good electronic stud finder and scan that area. I'm thinking you should find a good-sized solid area approximately 24 x 24 inches that would accommodate different types of TV mounts. A 24" TV is probably the biggest you can get in that space.

Our rig didn't come with a bedroom TV and when I scanned with a stud finder I did not find a hard point for a mount on the wall next to the refrigerator. I did find what amounts to "studs" around a foot apart, so I surface mounted a piece of 1/2 inch plywood that spanned the studs and provided a sturdy spot for a TV mount. That mount survived quite nicely with no problems at all on 2 trips down the Alaska Highway and back.