Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-26-2024, 02:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2018 Winnie Drop 1790 'weep hole' location

So a week or so ago i had some bad rain, it flooded into the little crevice on the rear window. I couldn't find the source of the rain and went to look it up. I read something someone wrote about rain coming in through the 'weep holes'. So where would these mysterious 'weep holes' be? Or could the rain be coming in through the weather stripping on the window, there is a little tiny space with no stripping. I will attach a picture of the stripping.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20240826_151936134_HDR.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	189713  
Old 08-27-2024, 01:21 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would say if the rubber opening in the picture is at the bottom, the chance of water entering is good. I would look into replacing the rubber, or maybe possible to move to the top. Steel Rubber is a good source for window products.
https://www.steelerubber.com/

Weep holes are mainly on slider windows. They are either holes or slits on the framework. The weep holes lets rain water run out of the sliding window track. If windows are tilt out they may not have.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2024, 02:24 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

The weep holes I know about are as mentioned above. The slider windows have a solid metal frame that the slider windows drop down into. It keeps the window from flopping out!
Click these snips for better view!

Name:	weep.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	189717
Pardon the coloring as I have to play a bit to get the parts to show bettter.
this window has four weep holes at the bottom with small palstic inserts to help keep wind from making noise in the slots.

Name:	weep 2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	189718
without the weep holes water funning down the glass would fill the bottom track without a way to "weep" out.

Most other windows do not have what I would call weep holes. What you have is just the ends of the rubbergasket and if it is at the bottom, any water going in this gap should not be a problem. With no attempt to close or seal the gap, they were not inteneded to be sealed at the space.
Windows have lots of ways to leak but I would not expect what you show to be a leaker!

Can you give us a picture of where you are finding it wet or seeing the water?
Can we "almost" see a lip standing up about a 1/4 inch high inside the glass?
That 1/4 inch should be enough to keep water from building high enough to get inside but rather just go down and off the RV.

Name:	leak 3.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	189719
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat