Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-16-2024, 09:25 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2022 Micro Minnie 2306BHS awning lights

We bought our used 2022 2306BHS in January and discovered it has no exterior lights. I have a switch inside to turn them on and see the wiring within the awning braces, but it does not have any lights attached. The wiring ends with a connector with nothing attached. Can't find anything about buying the actual strip that attaches to the connector.
HillbillyJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2024, 12:34 PM   #2
Micro Traveler

The previous owner may have removed the original LED strip lights tucked under the awning? The connector you located at the top of the awning brace should be ~12 VDC (check switch operation, voltage, & wire polarity before removing). You should be able to find & install any similar low-wattage LED lighting (the existing OE connector would need to be cut off).

If you REALLY want the original, this should be available to order ($$$) from any Winnebago parts department.

My 2023 LED strip light is EXTREMELY bright, I can hardly wait to replace it with a softer ambient-level LED strip! Many inexpensive 12-volt options are available online.
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2024, 05:02 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Still can't find any wiring that is on exterior to hook lights into.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyJon View Post
Still can't find any wiring that is on exterior to hook lights into.
You stated that you "see the wiring within the awning braces", yet now you claim you have no wiring? Which is it?

If you want people to help you, be clear about what the situation is and what you want.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2024, 09:23 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Yeah I have wiring but none of it is controlled by my awning light switch.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:27 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillbillyJon View Post
Yeah I have wiring but none of it is controlled by my awning light switch.
Above your sink is an upper cabinet. On the exterior of that cabinet, in the doorway, are all your switches. You need to open up that "switch area" from the inside of the cabinet - it's trivial to do with a screwdriver. You may need to remove the closest cabinet door, too (just unscrew the hinges).

Once you open it, you'll see all wiring going to all switches, including wiring going to the switch that controls the awning light. That wire has a 1amp fuse (at least it does in my trailer). Whoever removed your awning light very likely pulled that fuse, too. Install or replace the fuse, and you should get power on the exterior wires again.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, lights, awning