Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old Yesterday, 01:14 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Well, I've found the problem.

I pulled off the toilet and took it outside the trailer. Zero smell coming from the black water tank. Took the opportunity to add an inline shut-off valve on the (1/2") fresh water hose here.

Then I looked at the toilet outside. Looking from the back of it, there is enough of an opening to see inside. There is clearly around an inch of urine inside the toilet bowl.

You can kinda see it in the bottom-right corner here.

So this is definitely the same problem that's described in the video above. I'll disassemble, clean, and apply the DIY fix right for now, but will also call Dometic to see what they can do. I've had this trailer less than 9 months from new.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:33 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Spoke with Dometic. They are happy to warranty the toilet. I inquired about upgrading to the 310 model, and was told I can do that for an extra $75 fee. Definitely doing the upgrade - have sent off all required information to them. Really hope the replacement toilet arrives before our upcoming two-week trip on the 28th. We'll see!

For anyone else with an in-warranty toilet that needs to do this:

1 800 544 4881.
Press 1.
Press 7.
Press 1 again.

Quick and easy call. Dometic will need a photo of the back of your toilet (sticker with toilet details is on there) as well as proof of purchase with date.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
smell