Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2024, 10:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Bye, Bye, Schwintek !!!

Well I upgraded the slider (with couch) to the Vroom Slide System!
First one to replace the Schwintek slide system on a 2024 MM 2108FBS I guess, we have the ‘slim rack’ and I was the first at the Tucson factory for this upgrade!
System runs much smoother, and is more robust. If stuck I can easily disengage to move the slide in to go for repair. 3year warranty.
4 month old trailer so I could have pushed warranty, but I did crunch the TV a bit when closing. I wanted to replace that anyway!
Long story short I let a couple look inside who were looking to buy a MM, and saw me at a rest stop. They had brochure in hand and I let them look inside. Think she moved TV and I did not notice it popped out of clip. My fault really as my DW insists.
Positive experience with Vroom, and would highly recommend!
Bill
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 08:19 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

… and I can sit on the couch while retracted!!!
Old 06-28-2024, 08:28 AM   #3
Site Team

Everyone will want to know the cost, the process and how long it took to have this done. So, how about more sharing.

Have you had a lot of slide problems in your short time owning your TT? Lastly are you saying you had the Slim Rack slide replaced? Or did you have the Schwintec slide that was replaced?

We have two Slim Rack slides, one full-wall, and they’ve worked well for 7-years now.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

The slide on my 2024 WBGO MM 2108FBS started stalling on the rear side wall. I had to run it a bit, then yank on it to have that side keep up. Did not want to be traveling with a big gap and water pouring in. Did resins a couple times but had no faith in dealers fixing/band aid, even if in warranty.
They said it was the first slim rack they had done. I was traveling through Tucson and the installers in that area, Marana, were able to fit me in. Price was just under $5K and took 2 days, likely 3 days would have been more comfortable as they had to send parts out for anodizing, fab up some new parts etc. thought the slim rack was a model of Schwintek…
Gave me a 3 year warranty and a list of US suppliers. They added more backing aluminum plates all around, even on the bottom of the slide and I think more/wider rollers n the bottom.
Bill
Old 06-29-2024, 07:40 AM   #5
Site Team

I’m surprised that you had bad enough problems with the Slim Rack system to replace it. But sooner is always better than later. There have been a few reports of Winnebago paying some owners costs to replace Schwintec slides with PowerGear product under warranty. And most say this solved their problems.

When I first got motorhome I felt the full wall PowerGear slide was struggling. I had made a future appointment at the factory right after I purchased the RV “just in case” and used that opportunity to have the slide worked on. They added a roller under the kitchen and that made all the difference in that slide’s operation.

I’ve seen the Vroom slide improvements and am confident it’s a great system. However, compared to Schwintec the PowerGear system goes part of the way there with better “gears” but still not as robust as the ones on the Vroom slide.