Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-07-2024, 06:55 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Dreaded Stuck Black Tank Valve with a Twist

Well, I have read about all the instances where people had a stuck dump valve, be it for the black tank or the gray tank but have dodged that bullet until a couple of days ago. Pulled the black tank handle, and it didn't want to come out. Pulled hard, and it released, but then wouldn't go back in.

I used the black tank rinse to really clean it out, thinking I may have to pull the valve. With some persuasion, I got the valve shut and headed for home.

So, today, even though we were pushing 100 degrees here at home, I decided to tackle the problem as I had bought a replacement cable several months ago preparing for this day. Removed the cap, placed a bucket under the outlet and pulled on the black tank handle. It was hard, but I managed to get it open, draining what little was left in the tank.

Next, I eyeballed where I figured the valve would be and cut open the coroplast and bingo, there was the valve and cable. To my surprise, the cable was rather short and made a single bend from the valve to the frame and pull handle. It was around 4 feet long. However, I did notice when it left the valve, it was being pulled to one side and when I moved it, it made a pop sound. I straighten the cable out from the valve and secured it with a wire tie. Crawled out from under the trailer and wow, the handle went in and out fairly easily. The handle staff would catch where I bent it getting it back in at the dump station. Straighten it out, filed and sanded the shaft where some burrs were from being forced back in while being bent, and now it works great. Replace the wire tie with a zip tie and tried it a few more time. Yup, it is working great. So, I sealed up the coroplast, and now we are ready for our next adventure.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6026.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	201.8 KB
ID:	189848   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6027.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	224.8 KB
ID:	189849  

Name:	IMG_6033.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	322.5 KB
ID:	189850   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6034.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	225.0 KB
ID:	189851  

Name:	IMG_6035.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	189852  
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2024, 07:08 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Oh, and one more thing. The Winnebago drawing for my 2529RG shows the tanks in the following configuration (hitch to rear):

Black
Gray 1
Water
Gray 2

However, my trailer has the following configuration:

Water
Black
Gray 1
Gray 2

The drawing shows the water tank sitting above the axles when in reality, it is under the floor at the foot of the bed.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank