Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-02-2024, 12:45 PM   #1
Micro Traveler

Interior LED Lights 2023 Micro Minnie 2108FBS

I'm guessing that this subject has been beaten to a pulp

However, just wanted to express how WONDERFUL aftermarket LED light fixtures are. We recently replaced all existing OE interior puck lights with new dimmable warm-white. The difference is well worth the cheap price!

I'm not going to ask a rhetorical question (why didn't the manufacturer install these in the first place ... are you listening, Winnie?), as the answer is obvious (insignificant increase in costs?). Still, turning on new dimmed lights at ~3,000 kelvin (warm white) beats the lumens off of OE extremely bright ~6,000 kelvin (sunglasses needed)!

This is the fixture we used -
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CFLFFQ7W

Installation was easy-peasy, and all fixtures work perfectly. The covers on both existing and new rotate ~1/8 turn counter-clockwise (to access the attachment screws). New wire nuts are provided, as well as new screws. A caution tho, don't let the electrical supply wires retract back behind the paneling (they want to), or you'll have a bear of a time fishing them back!

We liked these SO much, we also installed two new dimmable fixtures on either side of the bed, for reading.

OK, enough
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2024, 04:51 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I did the swap to dimmable sad well, but think they are still the bright white color, we like that color.
Also have blue lights for nite time.
My only complaint is WBGO and their wiring colors, no consistency on hot and neutral colors!!!
Bill
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2024, 09:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the link, Jay. Exactly what I've been wanting to do with my own lights.
eatSleepWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 07:54 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Obeaming store on Amazon has nice ones too!
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 05:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The replaced the switches on the ceiling light with these dimmers
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I replaced the switch for the outdoor LED strip under the awning & Main ceiling light with this
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Joe2106fbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 05:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Thank you for the link. That is a great option.

Tags
light, lights, led