Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-09-2024, 05:21 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Looking at a 2018 Micro Minnie 2106FBS

Hi All,

We're looking at the above trailer, wondering if there are any trouble areas with it.

We are moving from an 05 hybrid.

I been studying the Micro minnie thread, it seems like the trailer for the most part is solid, except for a few issue ie water heater, an occasional mis-build.

Hopefully some of the owners can help me out
dmitch21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 06:17 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Hi and welcome.

Here's my opinion.

We have a 2016 2106DS which is the same camper when it comes to overall construction and layout, only a little older and with a folding bed. Our camper has been solid with no major issues. I believe pre-pandemic Micro Minnies have a better build quality overall.

The only major build difference in the two that I know of is the slide mechanism. Our 2016 has the Happijac above-floor slide system and the 2018 has the Schwintek in-wall slide system.

The Schwintek system would be the biggest concern for me. Assuming it was installed correctly and both motors stay in time, it's my understanding that the slide room has weight limitations when the slide is retracted. Some people support the slide room when retracted to help with this limitation. Hopefully others will provide their Schwintek experiences.

The Happijac system may have weight limitations when retracted but I haven't found any yet and timing is not an issue since one motor drives the slide mechanism.
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 10:13 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the info
Old 07-10-2024, 12:25 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

I don't folow the trailer group too close, so muchof whatI read is easily forgotten and definitely needs checking!
There are som etrailers in the Winn. line that have breakers and connections out in the weatehr mounted just under the propane. Is the 2106 one of those or different layout?
It might just be a point to consider but thiat design seems to be a terrible spot for road splash an dearly corrosion problems!

I might want to figure that in as a trouble point that might need better cover, etc if this trailer does have the brekers under there?
Seems you need to almost lay under and look up to spot them? Lots of posts about the problem, but I find none on quick looking!
Not a deal killer but one to be aware of as it may need some preventive work, before it gets wet, rather than after it fails!
I can't think of a wetter place for connections than on the frame under/near the propane tanks?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 12:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Does this trailer have this same breaker layout?
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ng-368585.html
Old 07-10-2024, 03:52 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

The 2018 Micro Minnies don't have the exposed breakers and connections as with the newer Micro Minnies. The 2018s have the underneath junction box with the breaker at the bottom of the box.

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ie-355101.html
Fred 2106DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2024, 04:10 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Thanks Fred 2106DS!
Easily confused when I do not pay attention!
I remember that discussion of how hard to spot the tiny little reset!
Old 07-11-2024, 02:17 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

So I went and looked at the camper. Unfortunately they changed the queen bed to a double. Allegedly they were an older couple and one slept on the bed one on the couch.
I know I could change it back but don't want to hassle with it.

Other than that the trailer was in great condition.

Thanks for the replies

The search continues........
Old 07-15-2024, 06:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Good morning. We purchased our 2018 2106FBS back in January of 2023. We sold our brand new Airstream for this one and couldn't be happier. Last summer we took it on a trip from North Carolina to the White Mountains of New Hampshire. We had NO problems. We did take it out on a five day jaunt, locally, to see how everything worked, we did have one small water leak outside at the water heater, but that was it. It had previously been stored outside, we store it inside with it plugged in. Last December we drove it to Key West and had no problems there either. We love the queen walk around bed. My only complaint is, and this is no big deal cause we aren't in the camper as much as we are out of it, is that the TV is at a 90 degree angle from the sofa, so watching TV leaves a krik in your neck. We also do not bring the table that was manufactured with it that stays behind the sofa because it is very, very heavy to lift out and doesn't really serve any purpose for us. All in all, we should have bought this before we went out and spent a fortune on an Airstream. We are planning a six month out west trip in 2025 and are looking forward to it. Enjoy and safe travels!!!
KandJMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote