Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2023, 11:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie 2108TB Couch moves in transit

Does anyone have an answer that keeps the couch from moving out completely during travel?
flitt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 03:45 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by flitt1 View Post
Does anyone have an answer that keeps the couch from moving out completely during travel?
... not sure what year you have.

Are you referring to a couch that is moving across the floor, or changing position like the back going down making it into a bed?
Old 06-17-2023, 03:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I had heard about this issue before we picked up our trailer, so I looked into it as one of my first inspection and corrections. There is a simple flat bracket in the center of the couch. I thought it simply needed a bit more pressure in the lock position, so I was able to easily tweak it a bit more. Have not pulled all that many miles since I made the adjustment but so far it stays put.

When you pull out the couch just a bit, into the sleeping position your can look behind the front panel and see the catch bracket in the center of the front kick panel.
RVJimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2023, 04:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myakka View Post
... not sure what year you have.

Are you referring to a couch that is moving across the floor, or changing position like the back going down making it into a bed?
I also had questions on what the problem !
We don't get the best info on trailers, so we can't look at as many details but I wondered if it was the couch moving on the floor, beginning to flip down or even if it was on a slide which was creeping out while moving??

Mere info, please, to get best answers!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2023, 04:29 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

couch in push back position before we start traveling. Whether in 5 miles or 500, couch moves completely out and fully extends to kitchen cabinet while pulling the trailer. Have a 2021 MM2108TB. Have only made 2 trips in it. Thanks for your question.
Old 06-18-2023, 04:33 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

2021 MM2108TB...Slide is in completely. Couch comes out of the slide from the shut position, extending fully to kitchen cabinet. Will move back into slide and back out depending on which way you turn the trailer. Have only made 2 trips in it. Hope that clarifies...thanks for your reply.
Old 06-18-2023, 04:35 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your reply...going to check this out.
Went to check out your solution but unable to find the catch bracket in the center of the front kick panel. Perhaps that's the problem and why the couch is moving back and forth every time the trailer turns right or left.
Old 06-21-2023, 04:12 PM   #8
raj
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2106FBS Micro Minnie. I've never seen the couch extend during travel and I'm wondering now if maybe that's because we have so much stuff behind it, it couldn't possibly do so! We stopped carrying the (rather heavy) table behind it and started using small plastic folding tables instead, so now we store our solar panel behind there and I'm thinking maybe it fills up enough space to stop the couch from extending? Anyway, we've always had a bunch of stuff behind there and never seen a problem. Just another data point.

Oh, I'll also mention that I removed the front panel a long time ago. It's just decorative and there's a lot of good storage room under there! Just make sure nothing is behind the vertical sides of the couch before running the slide out (if your couch is on a slide out, of course).
raj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 09:59 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Rolling Couch Problem

I have a 2022 2108TB with the same couch problem. I first placed two very large pillows between the couch and cabinets during transit. Recently I installed some very large long zip ties to keep the couch from sliding out. This disables it for use as a bed but we will never use the bed. I couldn’t get the zip ties completely tight so the couch still moves about an inch or two. Not a great solution but good enough so far.
Note that the catch bar at the middle of the couch is weak and bends easily so it will not hold the couch on bumpy roads.
Would love to get a good fix from the factory. The design is very poor.
Thindirtline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2023, 10:54 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2022 2225RL. I use a Sliding Bed Caster Stopper on Amazon. It's a U shaped rubber that slides around the wheel. Works well for us.