Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-10-2024, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Micro Minnie Black Dump Valve Issues

Hi all, first post here.

I have an early 2020 Micro Minnie 2306 BHS. This is a trailer that I use infrequently so it sits a lot.

From new the black dump valve was stiff and difficult to operate but I didn’t think much bout it. Every time I used the trailer I could make it work.

This time I couldn’t operate it even after multiple attempts at oiling it etc., the dump was seized. The MM, this model specifically, uses a cable actuated gate.

I called a repair service to help and discovered that the valve is only about 36 inches away and nearly directly opposite from the dump handle. It seems that the logical thing for Winnebago to do would be to use a short cable from the handle to the valve.

Winnebago did not do this. What they did is install an off-the-shelf 72” cable in this 36” space. This cable is so long it induces friction. I assume it was intended to have some lazy bends to make the friction manageable. Maybe. In my case, one of the bends kinked and seized the cable.

This was entirely preventable had Winnebago installed a shorter cable with a direct path from the valve to the handle.

Thanks Winnebago.

If you have a MM, you may want to check and see if your trailer was built similarly.
Speeding By is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2024, 10:21 PM   #2
Site Team

Greetings Speeding By,
I have the same cable, but in my installation, the length is needed. I use Tri-flow to lubricate the gate and cable ends both with the valve closed, and again with the valve open.
So, were you able to get a new cable built and installed? How long a cable did you get, and is it working well?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 01-14-2024, 11:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Corplast surgery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle5 View Post
I use Tri-flow to lubricate the gate and cable ends both with the valve closed, and again with the valve open.
Am I correct in thinking access requires cutting through the coroplast underbelly? I’ve been reluctant, though curious, about this.

- steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 12:23 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoSteve View Post
Am I correct in thinking access requires cutting through the coroplast underbelly? I’ve been reluctant, though curious, about this.

- steve
Hi Steve,
I guess so. The Minnie Winnies do not use coroplast; everything underneath is exposed.
Eagle5
Old 01-14-2024, 03:09 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

My bad

Quote:
Hi Steve,
I guess so. The Minnie Winnies do not use coroplast; everything underneath is exposed.
Eagle5
I thought we were talking about a Micro Mini.
-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 12:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoSteve View Post

- steve
Yes.

I cut through the underbelly and thermal barrier myself from the dump valve side using an oscillating tool.

The tech expanded my cuts but working from the curb side.
Old 01-15-2024, 12:40 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Greetings Speeding By,
I have the same cable, but in my installation, the length is needed. I use Tri-flow to lubricate the gate and cable ends both with the valve closed, and again with the valve open.
So, were you able to get a new cable built and installed? How long a cable did you get, and is it working well?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Interesting. Curious how it connects/ functions.
Old 01-18-2024, 03:32 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Valve replavement

After two of the LaSalle-Bristol cable pull valves decided to not work on our 2021 2529RG, (both gray), I decided it was time to correct the issue.
We took our Minnie into our favorite RV Service Center, Happy Camper in Picayune, Mississippi and I explained what I wanted. I received a call just a few days later that our camper was ready. During the modification to the dump vale arrangement, it was found that the LaSalle-Bristol valve from the kitchen gray water tank was cracked due to over tightening. That valve was removed and a union was installed. They also installed a short angled section in that kitchen gray water assemble to make it a bit easier for me to pull the valve.
The Black / Gray "Y" was moved forward away from the wheels. Rather than have them open the underbelly to remove the black & shower/bathroom LaSalle-Bristol valves, I just leave them open, especially since the gray valve was stuck open anyway..
The RV service center replaced all valves with 3 inch Valterra.
Happy Camper exceeded my expectations and now I don't have to worry when I pull the handle to dump.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray & Black tank valves.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	452.4 KB
ID:	188228   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gray Kitchen tank valve.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	396.7 KB
ID:	188229  

travelkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2024, 08:54 AM   #9
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelkids View Post
After two of the LaSalle-Bristol cable pull valves decided to not work on our 2021 2529RG, (both gray), I decided it was time to correct the issue.
We took our Minnie into our favorite RV Service Center, Happy Camper in Picayune, Mississippi and I explained what I wanted. I received a call just a few days later that our camper was ready. During the modification to the dump vale arrangement, it was found that the LaSalle-Bristol valve from the kitchen gray water tank was cracked due to over tightening. That valve was removed and a union was installed. They also installed a short angled section in that kitchen gray water assemble to make it a bit easier for me to pull the valve.
The Black / Gray "Y" was moved forward away from the wheels. Rather than have them open the underbelly to remove the black & shower/bathroom LaSalle-Bristol valves, I just leave them open, especially since the gray valve was stuck open anyway..
The RV service center replaced all valves with 3 inch Valterra.
Happy Camper exceeded my expectations and now I don't have to worry when I pull the handle to dump.
That looks like a much more usable system.