Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-28-2024, 04:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Micro Minnie FLX 2108FBS, 60 second beep

What is the round thingy to the left of the go power panel in the attached picture?

The beep seems to be coming from it (guess).

To try to isolate the problem, I have disconnected:
Go power panel
Xantrex panel

Shutoff all breakers below the stove
Unplugged TV
Turn off breaker by battery and battery.

Beep still persists.

The only thing that eliminates the 60 second beep is if shore power, battery and breaker by the battery are all turned off removed.

I looked at my ceiling mounted smoke detector and it says only smoke, so perhaps the thing by the Go Power panel is beeping?

Nothing in the owners manual about it.

If I were a product manager for Winnabego, I would be embarrassed by that owners manual for a $30k+ product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120240228_154304.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	188418  
CampinInCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 05:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Nevermind, it is the CO detector that is beeping.

Still curious what the round vent like thing is next to the Go Power.
Old 02-28-2024, 05:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

https://rvsafealarm.com/files/RVSafe_Manual.pdf

RVSafe CO LP Detector Manual

Single chirp each minute is low battery. Seems like this should be in the trailer manual yeah?

Could not see the lights flashing until it was dark in the trailer. What a dolt I am.

So according to RVSafe my Lithionics is dead as the RVCOLP-2 detector is hardwired. No lights are on and a single chirp and flash (red+green)

This seems odd since the battery was working and running a 1500W (max) heater and discharge time looked to be about 2.5 hrs which is accurate.

I guess my best bet is just to replace the RVSafe detector and see what happens.
Old 02-28-2024, 08:48 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Single chirp each minute is low battery. Seems like this should be in the trailer manual yeah?

I don't know how it works on the trailer group, but that info is found in the info pack we get with motorized!
The problem with written info is that it will lay in that folder and be really quiet, so that it will never bother us if we never look for it!
Any chance of finding a book on things?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 09:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post

I don't know how it works on the trailer group, but that info is found in the info pack we get with motorized!
The problem with written info is that it will lay in that folder and be really quiet, so that it will never bother us if we never look for it!
Any chance of finding a book on things?
Once I knew what was chirping it really was trivial to locate information.

What I mean is this should be something documented in the owners manual. They have a section for it, but mention nothing about it, chirps and location of the device.

It's BS that there is one owners manual for all trailers/5th. Mine is copyrighted 2014 and it's a 2022 trailer. LOL.
Old 02-28-2024, 10:31 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampinInCO View Post
If I were a product manager for Winnabego, I would be embarrassed by that owners manual for a $30k+ product.
Towables from just about any manufacturer have a long history of inadequate documentation. Winnebago has a different standard for motorhomes, not that this helps Travel Trailer owners at all. Motorhomes come with suitcases full of model specific Operations Manuals. And online we have even greater access to detailed info, parts lists, diagrams, etc.

While Winnebago has been in the motorhome business a long time, they didn’t start offering Towables until they purchased Sunnybrook travel trailers 14-years ago. Towables are run as a separate entity, in a different state even. So, they don’t even try to create the kind of documentation that you’d get from the motorized division.

I agree it’s short sighted to operate this way and I’ve reached out to various Winnebago management but received zero response.
Old 02-29-2024, 06:28 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I would still like to know what that little round thingy is left of the Go Solar panel. No clue.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:17 AM   #8
conradmb

Just read through this thread. If you haven't already gotten the answer, the little round thingy is the temperature sensor for the Truma furnace and A/C.
conradmb is offline   Reply With Quote