Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-11-2024, 05:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

One Year Winnebago Owner's Survey

I received a survey request email from Winnebago because we have had our Micro Minnie 2108TB for a year. They want to know the usual customer experiences.

Before I opened it, I made a list of things that could have been better so I could cut-and-paste them into the survey. I kept it factual, non-caustic, and blameless. In the section of the survey that seeks that type of information there is only room for a couple of sentences. The list is much longer.

I ended up telling Winnebago there was not enough room and if they were interested in having the information they could contact me. I don't think they will.
Old 04-11-2024, 09:51 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Keep us posted…
Old 04-24-2024, 10:56 PM   #3
2008 Sightseer 29R F53

Don’t do it.

I got caught with this one time with a Toyota lemon. At some time they had asked my opinion. I’d replied and thought nothing of it. Two years later and two inches of mechanical problems I went to a lawyer.

During the process Toyota brought up the survey I’d filled out showing how happy I was. I don’t do customer satisfaction surveys anymore.

Never.
7997redtail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 12:23 PM   #4
Micro Traveler

I've only owned my 2023 for 2 months now, waiting for milder weather in the desert (still getting snow & rain), but could offer a manufacturer's survey this advice: Do a better with sourcing and assembly (plainly, build it like your own family will be using it for 20 years). Overall quality of my 2108FBS is terrible!
Jay Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 03:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7997redtail View Post
I got caught with this one time with a Toyota lemon. At some time they had asked my opinion. I’d replied and thought nothing of it. Two years later and two inches of mechanical problems I went to a lawyer.

During the process Toyota brought up the survey I’d filled out showing how happy I was. I don’t do customer satisfaction surveys anymore.

Never.
Excellent story - one we needed to hear. I hope the outcome was in your favor (but don't need to know).
Old 04-26-2024, 03:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Tea View Post
I've only owned my 2023 for 2 months now, waiting for milder weather in the desert (still getting snow & rain), but could offer a manufacturer's survey this advice: Do a better with sourcing and assembly (plainly, build it like your own family will be using it for 20 years). Overall quality of my 2108FBS is terrible!
That's a great thought, but I don't think modern stock holders would approve of it.
They were built like that at one time and the Winnebago name became respected by many. Something changed and the customer ended up at the bottom of the order.

Edit: I like to buy new, but if you're going to put time, money, and frustration into it, buying used makes more sense.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post

Edit: I like to buy new, but if you're going to put time, money, and frustration into it, buying used makes more sense.
We are starting to regret buying new and thinking that buying used would have saved us a lot of time, money, and frustration too. :/
Old 05-01-2024, 02:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Happy trails to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RovingMedics View Post
We are starting to regret buying new and thinking that buying used would have saved us a lot of time, money, and frustration too. :/
Got the same survey as the OP and was ready to provide input but stymied by the character limit. Clearly they don't really want our thoughts.

We've sold, but not because of any frustratingly egregious dissatisfaction. Yeah the fiasco with the Lippert/schwintec slide is a showstopper for recommending these units. Lack of effective back up for such a "Mission Critical" system is absolutely unacceptable. And it is something Winnebago should correct ASAP if they expect to have any success with these expensive FLX units.

But, seriously we found the 2108DS FLX to be outstanding.
The floorpan is top of the class. 7' width is pretty much ideal. Actually I don't know that there is anything in this class?
Once through the phase of corporate, factory and dealer ignorance of their Solar design and implementation, we found the system to exceed our needs and to be quite robust.
The Truma systems, like Apple touts, "just works". No drama and highly capable.
We thought the bathroom space could be enhanced by down sizing the shower, a bit. And it appears they have done that in the '24s.
We replaced the inadequate main area fan with a Fantastic Fan. That should be standard.
Yeah, fit and finish issues, but, sadly, that's the nature of the industry.

Bottomline I think Winnebago was trying to hit a niche that may not exist. That happens when you try to be all encompassing. These are too fragile for true Offroading, and for RV Resort travel the Solar package, off-road tires and suspension (such that it is) are drawbacks or at least unnecessary. Winnebago may be recognizing that with the 2108DS (Inverter Ready version)?
We had thought the "boondocking" aspect might, at best, be handy for State Park travel and found that to be true.

The old "never buy a new RV" rule of thumb we find to be a good one. The industry is good about fixing things under warranty, and if owners take advantage of that, the next owner has a great deal! (To whom it may concern, You are welcome. )

We went in thinking we'd do a big southwest Utah, trip hold on to it (the FLX) for a couple of years and sell before the resale tanked or "keep on trucking' if we loved it. Well the market didn't hold as well as we had hoped, planning for the SW trip showed the limitations of towing, and we found we prefer to have the opportunity for more spontaneous in-route options. Oh yeah, and cashing out to cover some storm damage to the house was a factor.

So, we're off to do our Utah trip in the Tacoma!

To all the great folks I've met through this board, thanks for your help and enlightenment, I have enjoyed interacting with you all. Wish you all the best!
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago