Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-27-2023, 02:27 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
I wouldn't, and I very much doubt you'll get that advice from Lippert either. The manual refers to "transit bars (if so equipped)" and my 2019 2108DS has no such bars.

The motors are incredibly hard to turn (let's go so far as to say "impossible") by pushing on the slide, whether you are trying to push the slide in after a failure, or if the slide is trying to push itself out while you are traveling.
IMO, Lippert's CS has gone modern. That means script readers. Although it's frustrating, that's what I'm getting almost everywhere. (You might know know more about it than the person you are talking to - but they are polite.)

I think that's what Ford1 was saying in his post above. They are the power and the brake - don't force them. I'm going to equip myself with transit bars and hopefully never need them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guzz3601 View Post
Thank for the advice.
X2
Old 06-27-2023, 04:31 AM   #22
Winnebago Owner

Link to clamp example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
Thank you for your response. ... not sure what you mean by "reversible clamps".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Sky View Post
Thank you for your response. ... not sure what you mean by "reversible clamps".
Here is a link to the type I have: Reversible clamp. My slide is very shallow, you may need a different length of clamp.

You can move the stationary part to the other side of the bar and the clamp will push out instead of in.

Place a 8" section of 2x4 up against the wall and gasket area while placing the clamp. This will spread the forces and protect the gaskets and wall.

The inboard side should be the aluminum angle frame of the slide.

Squeeze the clamp and it will expand and hold the slide firmly against the wall.

I do this for every trip on our full wall slide.
Old 06-27-2023, 06:51 PM   #23
rightleftdyslexic

Not sure if this will help but this is the manual over ride procedure from the Libbert site.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...27s_manual.pdf

Cruizer Ed I also do not trust those 4 small gears to hold in that full wall slide. These are the locks I purchased on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been using these locks since Winnebago replaced the Schwintek slides.
Joeantolik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 04:10 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeantolik32 View Post
Not sure if this will help but this is the manual over ride procedure from the Libbert site.
https://www.rvupgradestore.com/v/vsp...27s_manual.pdf

Cruizer Ed I also do not trust those 4 small gears to hold in that full wall slide. These are the locks I purchased on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have been using these locks since Winnebago replaced the Schwintek slides.
Thank you both.

With the motors acting as brakes, I'm not sure it's necessary to prevent the slide from moving. But I'm the cautious type and will fill that space with something to prevent movement. ... not sure what yet.

I haven't measured, but the slide is wider than we have had before - the width of the dinette.

Tags
slide