Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-08-2023, 01:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Slideout motor for 2022 Micro Minnie FLX 2108FBS

Greetings all. I have a 22 2108 FBS FLX and I have been looking for a spare slide motor to add to my collection before I travel. I can't seem to find the part number anywhere. I see there are two, 500-1 and 300-1. Any direction is greatly appreciated.
Gkpasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2023, 02:01 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Found it.

Had to provide Lippert with a VO# on the slide. Anyway, I want to purchase a spare for my travels.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20231012-145746.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	128.6 KB
ID:	187553  
Old 10-13-2023, 08:04 AM   #3
Site Team

You do realize that there are many other reasons that one could have for a slide problem that have nothing to do with the motor, right?

Purchasing a spare could possibly one day come in handy but is likely to just be a waste of hundreds of dollars.
Old 10-13-2023, 09:16 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply and Yes, so many. I've reviewed all the possible reasons from A to z, but just in case, a small 70.00 assurance won't drag my weight down too much. ����
Old 10-13-2023, 01:27 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gkpasco View Post
but just in case, a small 70.00 assurance won't drag my weight down too much. ����
$70? Really, I've seen slide motors going for $400 for other RVs. I'm surprised the Micro Minnie slide motor is so inexpensive.
Old 10-13-2023, 06:40 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have 2 slide motors for sale in the Parts for sale section, they are from a 2021, 2108DS. I saved them when we had a Vroom slide system installed. Ron
RonW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2023, 07:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
$70? Really, I've seen slide motors going for $400 for other RVs. I'm surprised the Micro Minnie slide motor is so inexpensive.
Greetings. Yes the Amazon has a knock off for 65.00 for my model slide. OEM is around 400.00. I am looking for that extra insurance, just in case, so I'm not trying to find or pay for someone to come to me to repair. The motors due fail from time to time although there are other faults to try before replacing one. ����
Old 12-26-2023, 04:33 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Just curious, does the 22 2108 FBS FLX not have a way to manually retract/extend the slide in the event of a motor failure?
Woolecox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 05:25 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yes, saw the procedure on you tube. I have properly oiled with dry lube as the maintenance experts said, so I will forgo the extra motor and expect the slide, with proper maintenance, last me many years. ��
Old 12-26-2023, 05:42 PM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolecox View Post
Just curious, does the 22 2108 FBS FLX not have a way to manually retract/extend the slide in the event of a motor failure?
You mean the 2022 Micro Minnie FLX 2108FBS?

In an emergency any slide can be retracted - by removing the motors and pushing the slide in manually. But as a general rule slides these days don't have cranks or similar means to retract a slide and certainly not to extend a slide.

I do know when slides were a new feature that some RVs, not all, but some came with a hand crank to retract a underfloor slide. That's just not how slides are done these days.
Old 12-27-2023, 09:28 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

If one wants to do a bit of extra to be proactive on the slide motors, there are two things I might suggest. Both take a varied amount of work, depending on where and how they are mounted.
I that I see is the way they tend to get wet at the connections on top of the motor. The second design I might want to rework is the way the cables often hang down. There is often a second set of plugs where the motor wiring meets the wiring harness.
If we can keep-water coming in from small leaks at the slide seals off those top connections or running down the cable to find the second set of connections, we can save some motors shorting out when they get wet!
Then if we look at how the harness is often loose running from bottom to top of the slide and motor, I feel that is a design problem as the wire harness can put a lot of stress on the soldered connections at the top of the motor as it swings and jerks on each turn or bump we find on the road!

If we can put a shield on the connections and add something like a tie-wrap to hold the cable up and keep it from swinging on the solder connections, it might save a few motors?
The question then becomes how much trouble to avoid the motor failing because the connections are bad? If one of those connections is bad, they will likely replace the motor, not fix the connection!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slideout, slide