Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-29-2024, 07:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

TPO Roof Mold spots 2022 Micro Minnie 2108FBS

The TPO Roof on my 2022 Micro Minnie 2108FBS has mold spots. I live in the sunshine state. I have used a couple of different products and nothing has worked. I tried Thetford’s roof cleaner and it didn’t get the spots off. Hope someone else can give us s fix. Also looking to use some kind of uv sealant for the TPO roof. Any suggestions out there?
worc1359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 07:51 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

This came right from the manufacturer

The black dots appear to be mold on the top of the exterior roof material. Try washing an area with dawn dish soap and a medium to soft bristle brush. If that does not get the mold off, then you can mix half bleach and half water. Put some of the bleach water mix on an area. Let it sit for 5 minutes. Then, scrub it. After scrubbing, then wipe off the bleach mix with a dry towel. After you are done with the entire roof, then wash it all with dawn dish soap and water. Rinse and let it dry.

Make sure to wipe off the bleach water mix with a towel, so that the bleach does not run down and stain your sidewalls of the unit. ��
I did this and it worked wonderfully, for the bleach and water mix I used a spay bottle. I had bought some old white towels from Goodwill. Good luck on yours.
Mstench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 08:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the reply !
Old 07-29-2024, 08:21 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

A point often missed is that the sunshine state is also very humid! One reason Spanish moss lives there?
So mold is everywhere and we have to learn about the stuff.
One is that it is not just a surface thing but actually grows into the upper layer of many things and if we only clean the upper part, it is like a weed and the "roots' come back much quicker.
If you want to kill the weeds, you have to kill the roots if you want it to last longer!
But be assured that it WILL be back!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2024, 01:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

That is sooo easy to remedy; next wash time, add a few oz bleach to the wash water then start with washing the roof.
I've operated that way for 30 years, it kills mold and mildew on everything, awnings, roof membrane, plastic screw cover trim, etc. I've have seen any adverse effects of adding a couple oz bleach, just make sure you rinse well.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2024, 09:19 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Tried the Thetford cleaner with lackluster results also. Going to try the Camco 2 step next week.
Wmlunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2024, 06:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I tried Thetford also. I might of cleaned the roof, but it didn’t remove any mold/stains.

Tags
roof