Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-08-2024, 01:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

GUTA Brand GT107-2 TPMS Setup Issues

I recently bought the GUTA GT107-2 tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) from Amazon for about $250. I am having a ton of troubles, mainly since the user manual does not seem to match my product (and even if it did, the manual is pretty unreadable). I got the sensors paired.. mostly. had to leave off my outside dually tires since the stems face inwards and the little angle valves I bought were also leaky. So just monitoring the inboard rear wheels. Anyway, first shakedown cruise the alarms are going off like crazy as the tires were heating up. I think I put them at 65/80 psi on a pretty cold day, so it was expected. I've since reset the pressures but now wanted to set my TPMS alarm levels. The instructions are no help and the unit is making other beeps and displaying other information. It almost seems like it's either had a firmware update and the online instructions have not caught up, or it NEEDS a firmware update, but of course no info on how one might do that. Anybody else tried this system and had any success? Thanks!
spaceboy_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2024, 01:46 PM   #2
Site Team

Never, ever heard of this brand of TPMS.

But maybe this will help?

Old 06-08-2024, 01:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yep, this is one of the ones I found. Does not describe the response of my unit in the slightest. I even put a comment to that effect below the video! I'm starting to think I should reset the whole thing and start over... of course there is no info on how to do a factory reset LOL Thanks for the info, though!!
spaceboy_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2024, 12:35 PM   #4
1996 Itasca 29Q

I installed the TPMS from innotechrv.com and couldn't be happier!
Bobn1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2024, 06:47 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaceboy_13 View Post
I recently bought the GUTA GT107-2 tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) from Amazon for about $250. I am having a ton of troubles, mainly since the user manual does not seem to match my product (and even if it did, the manual is pretty unreadable). I got the sensors paired.. mostly. had to leave off my outside dually tires since the stems face inwards and the little angle valves I bought were also leaky. So just monitoring the inboard rear wheels. Anyway, first shakedown cruise the alarms are going off like crazy as the tires were heating up. I think I put them at 65/80 psi on a pretty cold day, so it was expected. I've since reset the pressures but now wanted to set my TPMS alarm levels. The instructions are no help and the unit is making other beeps and displaying other information. It almost seems like it's either had a firmware update and the online instructions have not caught up, or it NEEDS a firmware update, but of course no info on how one might do that. Anybody else tried this system and had any success? Thanks!

This post points out the problem with not buying a TPMS from a person / company that does not support the RV community. Does the retailer advertise on any RV Forum or in any RV newspaper or magazine. Do they have a web site for RVs? DO they sell at RV conventions?
How easy is it to program the unit? Can you easily set the low pressure warning level. The answer to these questions would allow me to ID a company I would buy from. Not the low price as these are important safety devices.